Happy

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      9 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Blog Entries

October 8

1983 - Issue: 40 of Hitkrant magazine [Netherlands] featured Michael on their cover.

1993 - Michael performs Dangerous concert at River Plate Stadium in Buenos Aires, Argentina attending 70,000.

1994 - Michael & Lisa attend Elvis: The Tribute, celebrity concert in tribute to Elvis at The Pyramid arena in Memphis, Tennessee, with Janet & Rene and Lisa's mother Priscilla Presley.

Among the artists paying great tribute were: Michael Bolton ("Jailhouse Rock"), Melissa Etheridge ("Burning Love"), U2 ("Can't Help Falling in Love"), Tony Bennett ("Love Me Tender"), Carl Perkins ("Blue Suede Shoes"), Tanya Tucker ("Teddy Bear") and Jim Belushi and Quentin Tarantino ("Viva Las Vegas"). In addition, there was an extra scene from the '68 comeback special of Elvis performing "One Night with You" and various clips of Presley performing his hit songs individually spliced together.

The show aired live as a Pay-Per-View event, and in condensed form as an ABC television special later that year.

Michael starts recording a duet with Janet.

1997 - Michael is best man at his friend Gerry Inzerillo's wedding to Prudence Salomon, SA.

1999 - Debbie officially files for divorce and sign a confidentiality agreement.

Spokesman Howard Rubenstein said in a statement that Michael and wife Debbie filed for divorce: "Michael and Debbie remain friends and they ask that the public respect their desire not to further comment or speculate upon the reasons for their decision."

2005 - Michael & Grace take the kids to see the stage show of Billy Elliot. They are accompanied by Mark Lester & his family.

The singer arrived at London's Victoria Palace theatre in a people carrier and security staff forced a path for him through a scrum of fans and photographers to the building's front door.

Michael turned up at the theatre 15 minutes after the show's scheduled start after leaving the Dorchester Hotel in Park Lane, where he is staying, a mile away.

He is in London to record a charity song, From The Bottom Of My Heart, in aid of victims of Hurricane Katrina.

The West End musical of Billy Elliot tells the tale of a boy growing up in a tough mining town in the north of England who has a fascination with ballet. Sir Elton John has provided music for the stage makeover of the successful film.
      What sane person could live in this world and not be crazy?
      Ursula K. LeGuin

I never set out to be weird. It was always the other people who called me weird.
      Frank Zappa

Wow. I wish I could speak whale.
      Ellen DeGeneres

Immortal
      I am:
      Sad

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      24 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Blog Entries
      October 9

1970 - After a string of one-nighters, the Jackson 5's first first national tour kicked off at Boston Gardens, Massachusetts, before a crowd of 16,000 hysterical fans. They would play at 16 cities, in Cincinnati, Memphis, New York, North Carolina, Florida, Alabama, Mississippi and Tennessee, finishing with a special 'homecoming' performance in Gary, Indiana. They performed 2 sell out concerts at Westside High School and each member of The Jackson 5 was presented with a key to the City of Gary.

1993 - Sabado Show magazine featured Michael on their cover.

- The single of You Rock My World is released in Europe and becomes a huge hit.

2005 - Michael go to Madame Tussaud wax museum with the kids, Raymone, Grace & Prince Abdullah.

Michael Jackson pleased fans and tourists in London (UK) for the second day running and caused pandemonium at Madame Tussaud's on Sunday evening. He was enthusiastically welcomed by a crowd of fans at the world-famous attraction when he arrived with his three children.

Michael, wearing a black suit, matching shirt and dark glasses, then walked through the crowd of fans, shielding his eyes from camera flashes, and into the building.
      Large numbers of staff from Madame Tussaud's were waiting inside the building to greet the famous visitor.
      "It's funny how people love the dead, once you're dead you're made for life."-Jimi Hendrix

Immortal
      I am:
      Happy

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      9 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Blog Entries

October 10

1970 - The Jackson 5 perform at Cincinnati, Ohio on their first national tour.

STAR SPANGLED BANNER, America’s national anthem, performed by the Jackson 5 –accompanied by the Leman Monroe High School Band – at the opening game of the baseball World Series at the Riverfront Stadium in Cincinnati, Ohio. In a later interview, Michael and his brothers admitted they didn’t know the words, and had to quickly learn them on the way to the stadium.

1976 - The Jacksons made a guest appearances on the new Sonny & Cher Show.

1982 - Michael attends the wedding of Courtney Sale & Steve Ross with Quincy Jones & his wife Peggy.

1987 - LOOKIN magazine [UK] featured Michael on their cover.

1988 - Michael performs BAD tour at Richfield Coliseum in Cleveland [US].

1989 - Michael Goes Back To School

Michael goes back to school when he visits Room 8 at the Gardner Street Elementary School in Hollywood, Los Angeles, where he attended sixth grade as a child. The school's auditorium had been recently refurbished to dedicate in his honor, renaming it 'The Michael Jackson Auditorium'. Michael's former 6th grade teacher, Mrs. Gerstin, and Mrs. Rose Fine, his tutor when he was on the road with the Jackson 5, both attended the dedication.

Michael Jackson's homecoming excited Gardner Street Elementary School pupils, who watched as the pop music superstar helped dedicate a remodeled auditorium named in his honor, symbol of then renamed Gardner Street Elementary School from Los Angeles, California.

Dressed in leather black pants and a red shirt covered in zippers, studs & buckles, and long black fingerless gloves arrived at the school Wednesday to students' squeals of "Michael! Michael!" and was guided into the building by police officers.

After several speeches by the school superintendent, PTA representatives, teachers, pupils and parents, Michael's former 6th grade teacher Laura Gerstin introduced Michael and presented him with "Michael Jackson Auditorium" plate - commemorative plaque: "It's an honor to present this plaque to you on behalf of the parents and faculty, past and present, of Gardner School as a token of our respect and our love for you not only as a performer, but as a fine human being."

Michael spoke briefly as always, and has this to say on being honored: "First of all I'd like to thank my teacher, Mrs. Gerstin, Mrs. Rose Fine, she's another one of my teachers, she's here also and I'd like to thank her. I am deeply touched and honored that the PTA, principal and faculty members, and students have been so kind as to dedicate the Auditorium, where I sat as a child, in my honor.
      We must never forget that the children are our future, and without them mankind would become extinct. I thank Mrs. Gerstin, I love you, and Ms. Rose Fine (the Jackson 5's former tutor), I love you, and the Garden Street School associates and all the children. I love you. Thank you."

Following the presentation of the plaque, a very happy student presented Michael with a key to the school. Michael then joined the choir in singing "We Are The World." A small crowd then moved outside as Michael unveiled the new letters on the face of the building identifying it as the Michael Jackson Auditorium.

Following the unveiling, Michael was given a tour of his former school. He visited his old classroom and autographed the wall with a marker, "Michael Jackson Love the Children". Epic official Lary Stesselm, Bob Jones and Bill Bray accompanied Michael.

Janique Hennessee, 11, said she was so excited to see Michael that she started crying, but Michael came up to her and dried her tears.
      This is Michael Jackson's Class Photo Back in 1970

Michael attends Gardner St. School as a 6th-grader from 1969 to 1970 (6 months) after the 11-year old singer and his four brothers first moved to California from their hometown of Gary, Indiana to begin their new lives as performers. At the time, the Jackson 5, who had recently been signed to the Motown record label, were on the cusp of super stardom. Young Michael goes to school during the day while recorded songs & performed with the Jackson 5 at night.
      But, in January of 1970, after the Jackson 5 skyrocketed to fame, their single "I Want You Back" hit #1, and Michael's popularity made it so that he could no longer be a part of a normal school environment; with fans waiting for him outside or barge into the classroom, it became necessary to arrange for private tutoring. He withdrew from Gardner St. and from that point forward was home schooled by a private tutor named Rose Fine.
      1992 - Michael Jackson Live in Bucharest aired and HBO network was rewarded with their highest ever TV ratings in the history(21.4% rating, 34% share). It later received the highest ratings in cable history, in which Jackson was honored with a CableACE Award.

Film rights to the concert originally bought by HBO (Home Box Office), an American cable station, for a reported $20 million – the highest sum ever paid for a pop concert.

"He's not coming to America, he's coming to HBO" - Hyped the show as the only chance for U.S. fans to see Michael in concert, (he was still sticking to his story that he would not tour the US), the show was highly publicized by HBO.

The concert was broadcast live on radio and shown on television across 60 countries, too, giving fans unable to attend any of his concerts the chance to see Michael perform.

Concert recorded on 1st October 1992, in front of 70,000 fans, at Bucharest National Stadium in Bucharest, Romania.

Every detail of the show was, of course, nothing short of mesmerizing. His stage entrance was no exception. Smoke machines hid the stage behind a curtain of smoke and as fireworks suddenly exploded, Michael jumped from beneath the stage amid the sparks and smoke dressed in black, gold and silver. There he stood, absolutely motionless for almost two minutes, as the crowd went wild. He slowly removed his oversized mirrored sunglasses, tossed them aside and began to Jam, and his didn't stop jamming until two hours later with Man In The Mirror.

1993 - Michael performs Dangerous concert at River Plate Stadium in Buenos Aires, Argentina attending 70,000.

1997 - Michael performs HIStory concert at Johannesburg Stadium in Johannesburg, SA attending 39,000.

2001 - Two days later, on October 10 www.cc.com confirmed that Michael will perform on Sunday, October 21, at RFK Stadium in Washington, DC at "United We Stand - What More Can I Give". A star-studded music spectacular to raise money in support of the recovery efforts from the September 11th attack on America.

Then Jackson recorded an all-star tribute to the Victims of September 11 which included stars such as Ricky Martin, Destiny's Child, Shakira, Celine Dion and Gloria Estefan. But despite the commercial power of such a line up Sony did not release the song, much to Jackson's bewilderment.

The source added: "This song was to raise money for charity and there's no doubt that it had so many stars involved that it could have been a success."
      Ursula K. LeGuin

I never set out to be weird. It was always the other people who called me weird.
      Frank Zappa

Ellen DeGeneres

Immortal
      I am:
      Sad

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      24 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Blog Entries
      October 11

1970 - The Jackson 5 perform at Memphis, Tennessee on their first national tour.

1987 - Michael performs BAD tour at Osaka Stadium in Osaka, Japan.

1988 - Michael performs BAD tour at Richfield Coliseum in Cleveland [US].

1996 - Michael performs HIStory concert at Olympic Stadium in Seoul, South Korea attending 72,000. Only this concert, from Seoul was commercially released on VHS in Korea.

1997 - While Michael's HIStory concerts were seen in Cape Town, Johannesburg & Durban, with all performances selling out, the King of Pop became an honorary member of the Bafokeng Ka Bakwena (People of the Crocodile) tribe in Phokeng.
      Michael's parents, Joseph & Katherine, met the tribe a few days before & also got "citizenship" certificates & his ex wife Lisa Marie attend the event.

Last edited by Anka; 10-13-2011 at 03:56 PM.
      "It's funny how people love the dead, once you're dead you're made for life."-Jimi Hendrix

Immortal
      I am:
      Sad

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      24 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Blog Entries
      October 12

1971 - LOVE CALL Song recorded by the Jackson 5 for Motown – test pressings known to exist, but remains unreleased.

1979 - The Jacksons perform Destiny tour in Philadelphia [US].

1984 - The Jacksons perform at Comiskey Park in Chicago, Illinois [USA] attending 40,000.

1985 - Diana Ross' single "Eaten Alive" hit #77 in the U.S. The song was co-written, co-produced and co-vocalized with Michael Jackson and Barry Gibb.

1987 - Michael performs BAD tour at Osaka Stadium in Osaka, Japan.

A Open Letter from Michael Jackson to his critics:

MESSAGE FROM MICHAEL
      'I was sent forth for the world, for the children. But have mercy, for I've been bleeding a long time now.'
      In the Midst of a World Tour, the Astonishing Star Breaks His Four-Year Silence to Issue a Cry of Pain from Japan.
      He sat down at the desk in his room at the Capitol Tokyu Hotel in Tokyo and, on the back of a piece of hotel stationery, wrote what he said would be his only only discussion of his private life. "Like the old Indian proverb says," wrote Jackson, "do not judge a man until you've walked 2 moons in his moccosins." The singer's two-page missive reveals him to be a complex mix of boy and man whose personality matches the themes of Bad, an album so full of bright, catchy dance tunes that it's easy to overlook the lyrics that express dark fantasies and hyper-romantic dreams. Jackson offers forgiveness to the rumormongers who have upset him: "Animals strike, not from malice, but because they want to live, it is the same with those who criticize, they desire our blood, not our pain." At the same time, he expresses himself with the desperate tone of a child who has been unfairly punished: "I cry very very often because it hurts.... Have mercy, for I've been bleeding a long time now." His casual spelling and punctuation speak of backstage tutors and self-teaching, but his expression of pain is clear.

The stage life of the world's most popular rock star: glitter, fame, excitement and wealth. Real life is, of course, another matter. Having said no more than a few words to the press since 1983, Jackson left it to his stogie-chomping manager, Frank Dileo, to explain away his plastic surgeries (just the nose and chin were done, he said) and his attempt to purchase the bones of the Elephant Man ("Well, everyone has a skeleton in their closet," Dileo told PEOPLE). Probably the tall tales only enhanced sales of Bad, which has already zoomed to the top of the charts in at least eight countries. But the rumors' effect on Jackson, 29, has been anything but salutary. "It's really horrible to have these lies printed about me," he says. "It hurts."

If Jackson does at times resemble a child, it may be because he identifies so closely with children. Quietly he has given rafts of free concert tickets to handicapped youngsters, visited Japanese schools and sent condolences and $20,000 to the family of 5-year-old Yoshiaki Ogiwara, an Osaka boy who was kidnapped and murdered recently. At one concert he dedicated his tour to the boy, a gesture that brought tears to the eyes of adoring fans. "People just don't have a realistic picture of who Michael is," says makeup artist Karen Faye. "He's innocent and inspiring without being preachy—and a lot of fun to be around."

To his public, however, Jackson remains an enigmatic figure, and his handwritten message from Japan will do little to change that. Given his near total blackout on personal press, one can only assume he wants it that way: Anonymity serves his stagecraft.

The effect was stunning, Olympian: A god had come and gone. Offstage and out of costume, the Michael Jackson who was "sent forth for the world, for the children" could hardly help feeling chagrined that his stage persona is only an act. Gods, after all, do not feel pain.
      Source: people.com

- Michael performs Dangerous concert at River Plate Stadium in Buenos Aires, Argentina attending 70,000.

- Michael performs HIStory concert at Johannesburg Stadium in Johannesburg, SA attending 39,000.

1999 - Michael Jackson's HISTORY: PAST, PRESENT & FUTURE BOOK I was certified at 7 times Platinum by the RIAA.

- As a personal acknowledgement of the gallantry and sacrificial services made by the military in his community, Jackson invites over 200 U.S. Air Force members from "Team Vandenberg" – then recently returned from overseas deployments – and their families to spend the day at Neverland.

- In an interview with Steve Harvey Morning Radio Show, Michael Jackson said that he was angry over the depiction of him in Eminem's video for the song Just Lose It and calls the Morning Radio Show to ask TV networks not to air the new video which makes fun of him. BET accepts but not MTV which creates a new controversy.

2005 - Michael takes Prince, Paris & Blanket to Harrods where they are greeted by owner Mohamed Al Fayed.

Michael raced around the posh London store – owned by Mohammed Al Fayed – on Wednesday (Oct 12), and reserved two watches worth £55,000 and £30,000.

His children Prince Michael, eight, Paris, seven and Prince Michael II, three, then descended upon the toy department.

An insider said: "He was only in the store for about 30 minutes. His kids had a fantastic time in the toy department. They fell in love with this gigantic toy Hummer".

"After spending thousands of pounds on gifts for them, including life-size teddy bears, Michael signed autographs for fans."

Michael’s spokesman said: "Last time he came to London he went to Hamleys - but he loves the cuddly toys at Harrods."

2009 - A never-before released song from Michael Jackson, a single entitled This Is It, premiered on Michael's official website MichaelJackson.com, on October 12, 2009, at midnight.

This It It, the first song from the Michael Jackson music documentary Michael Jackson's This Is It which plays during the closing sequence and included on the companion two-disc CD set. The unreleased single features backup vocals by Michael's brothers, The Jacksons.

The CD features original album masters of some of MJ's biggest hits, including Thriller and Billie Jean, which are in the same sequence as they appear in the film.

http://mjjtime.blogspot.com/search?u...&max-results=7
      Last edited by Anka; 10-13-2011 at 03:57 PM.

Immortal
      I am:
      Sad

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      24 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Blog Entries
      October 13

- Don’t Stop ‘Til You Get Enough hit #1 on the Hot 100, toppling Robert John’s Sad Eyes, giving Michael his first #1 hit since Ben in 1972. The song also gave Michael his first solo #1 – for five weeks – on the R&B singles chart.

Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough, written and composed by Michael was the album's first single for his first solo album after leaving Motown, OFF THE WALL, released in August 1979.

The song became one of the album's biggest hits, heralded Michael's arrival as an adult solo performer, and paved the way for a new beginning to his musical career. It spent one week at the top of the pop charts & 5 weeks at the top of the black singles chart. A RIAA Gold Record duly followed, and in the UK the single peaked at #3 and earned Michael a Silver Disc.
      Elsewhere, the single hit #1 in Australia, New Zealand, Norway, South Africa and Zimbabwe, #2 in Belgium and Holland, #3 in Canada, #5 in Finland, #10 in Ireland and Italy, and #13 in Germany (where it was the first Jackson record to chart).

Michael told **** Clark's National Music Survey how he wrote Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough with help from Randy.

"I was walking around the house and I just started singing, 'da-da--da-da-da-da-da', and said, 'Ah, that sounds kinda nice.' I kept singing it and gradually it came about. I went into the studio, we have a studio at home, a 24 track studio. Randy and I, I told Randy what to put down, what to play on the piano, and we did some percussion and some clapping and it turned out real funky. I played it for Quincey Jones and he loved it."

"We had little arguments, nothing very serious, during the first record we made, which was Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough," said Quincy Jones. "Most people at Motown didn't sing low and I needed him to sing low. I wanted him to do a very sexy kind of sound at the bottom. At first, he was a little reluctant, but that’s okay. It was never contentious, and that’s where the trust comes in."

Lyrical content shocked his mother, Katherine, who pointed out the title could easily be misinterpreted – Michael asserted it wasn't a reference to sex, but that it could mean whatever people wanted it to mean.

1979 - The Jacksons perform Destiny tour in Rochester[US].

1984 - The Jacksons perform at Comiskey Park in Chicago, Illinois [USA] attending 40,000.

-Michael performs BAD tour at Capital Centre in Washington DC [US].

MTV premieres the video of Smooth Criminal.

- Michael arrives in Sao Paulo, Brasil to perform 2 concerts on October 15th & 17th at Morumbi Stadium.

1995 - Michael Jackson's single You Are Not Alone was certified Gold and Platinum.

1996 - Michael performs HIStory concert at Olympic Stadium in Seoul, South Korea attending 72,000.

During the performance of "Earth Song", Jackson, (who was up on a crane) was accosted by a male Korean fan who climbed up the crane just to meet Jackson. Michael held on to the man because he had a risk of falling. The man was then taken away by security after the crane was lowered. This concert was commercially released on VHS in Korea. Before the release of the 1992 Dangerous Tour Concert in Bucharest this was the only commercially released concert.

2001 - Tele Poche magazine[France] featured Michael on the cover with the headline: Michael Jackson - Verites ou mensonges? [Michael Jackson - Truth or lies?]

- CBS Early show airs an interview of Genevieve, Randy Jr, Dante, Jaffar, & Jermajesty Jackson at Hayvenhurst defending their uncle Michael.

2009 - The Jackson 5 CHRISTMAS ALBUM was re-released as Ultimate Christmas Collection with Christmas messages, remixes, and a Christmas medley.

Immortal
      I am:
      Happy

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      9 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Blog Entries

October 13

1979 - Don’t Stop ‘Til You Get Enough hit #1 on the Hot 100, toppling Robert John’s Sad Eyes, giving Michael his first #1 hit since Ben in 1972. The song also gave Michael his first solo #1 – for five weeks – on the R&B singles chart.

Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough, written and composed by Michael was the album's first single for his first solo album after leaving Motown, OFF THE WALL, released in August 1979.

The song became one of the album's biggest hits, heralded Michael's arrival as an adult solo performer, and paved the way for a new beginning to his musical career. It spent one week at the top of the pop charts & 5 weeks at the top of the black singles chart. A RIAA Gold Record duly followed, and in the UK the single peaked at #3 and earned Michael a Silver Disc.
      Elsewhere, the single hit #1 in Australia, New Zealand, Norway, South Africa and Zimbabwe, #2 in Belgium and Holland, #3 in Canada, #5 in Finland, #10 in Ireland and Italy, and #13 in Germany (where it was the first Jackson record to chart).

Michael told **** Clark's National Music Survey how he wroteDon't Stop 'Til You Get Enough with help from Randy.
      "I was walking around the house and I just started singing, 'da-da--da-da-da-da-da', and said, 'Ah, that sounds kinda nice.' I kept singing it and gradually it came about. I went into the studio, we have a studio at home, a 24 track studio. Randy and I, I told Randy what to put down, what to play on the piano, and we did some percussion and some clapping and it turned out real funky. I played it for Quincey Jones and he loved it."

"We had little arguments, nothing very serious, during the first record we made, which was Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough," said Quincy Jones. "Most people at Motown didn't sing low and I needed him to sing low. I wanted him to do a very sexy kind of sound at the bottom. At first, he was a little reluctant, but that’s okay. It was never contentious, and that’s where the trust comes in."

Lyrical content shocked his mother, Katherine, who pointed out the title could easily be misinterpreted – Michael asserted it wasn't a reference to sex, but that it could mean whatever people wanted it to mean.

1979 - The Jacksons perform Destiny tour in Rochester[US].

1988 -Michael performs BAD tour at Capital Centre in Washington DC [US].

MTV premieres the video of Smooth Criminal.

1993 - Michael arrives in Sao Paulo, Brasil to perform 2 concerts on October 15th & 17th at Morumbi Stadium.

1995 - Michael Jackson's single You Are Not Alone was certified Gold and Platinum.

1996 - Michael performs HIStory concert at Olympic Stadium in Seoul, South Korea attending 72,000.

During the performance of "Earth Song", Jackson, (who was up on a crane) was accosted by a male Korean fan who climbed up the crane just to meet Jackson. Michael held on to the man because he had a risk of falling. The man was then taken away by security after the crane was lowered. This concert was commercially released on VHS in Korea. Before the release of the 1992 Dangerous Tour Concert in Bucharest this was the only commercially released concert.

2001 - Tele Poche magazine[France] featured Michael on the cover with the headline: Michael Jackson - Verites ou mensonges? [Michael Jackson - Truth or lies?]

2004 - CBS Early show airs an interview of Genevieve, Randy Jr, Dante, Jaffar, & Jermajesty Jackson at Hayvenhurst defending their uncle Michael.

2009 - The Jackson 5 CHRISTMAS ALBUM was re-released as Ultimate Christmas Collection with Christmas messages, remixes, and a Christmas medley.
      Apart from the original track listing the collection includes bonus tracks:
      Season's Greetings from Michael Jackson
      Little Christmas Tree (Clinton/Wayne)
      Season's Greetings from Tito
      Up On The Housetop - DJ Spinna Re-Edit
      Season's Greetings from Jackie Jackson
      Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (Stripped Mix)
      Season's Greetings from Jermaine Jackson
      Someday At Christmas (Stripped Mix)
      Give Love On Christmas Day (Group A Cappella Version)
      J5 Christmas Medley

2010 - The official website of Michael Jackson announced the release of the new deluxe 3 DVD box set Michael Jackson's Vision on November 22, 2010, which included One More Chance video

VISION contains more than 4 1/2 hours of video across 3 DVDs, capturing the entire spectrum of Michael's pioneering short films.
      • More than 40 videos
      • 10 short films never offered before on DVD
      • Bonus DVD includes 7 additional videos including the previously-unreleased clip for the R. Kelly-penned "One More Chance"
      Previously Unreleased on DVD
      She's Out Of My Life
      Ghosts
      You Rock My World
      Cry
      Blame It On the Boogie
      Enjoy Yourself
      Can You Feel It
      Say Say Say
      They Don't Care About Us (Prison version)
      Why
      Ursula K. LeGuin

Frank Zappa

Ellen DeGeneres

Immortal
      I am:
      Sad

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      24 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Blog Entries
      October 14

1972 - Ben hit #1 on the Hot 100, where it spent a solitary week before Chuck Berry’s novelty smash My Ding-A-Ling toppled it.

1979 - The Jacksons perform Destiny tour in Pittsburgh[US].

- Friday Night Videos features videos by the Greatest Artists Of The Decade and declare Michael Jackson the Greatest Video Artist Of The Decade.

- Bravo magazine [Germany] featured Michael on the cover.

Immortal
      I am:
      Happy

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      9 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Blog Entries

October 15

1979 - The Jacksons perform Destiny tour in Saginaw[US].

1989 - Hey magazine[Turkey] featured Michael on their cover with the story: Michael Jackson Moonwalker Firtinasi [Moonwalker Storm].

1993 - Michael performs Dangerous concert at Morumbi Stadium in Sao Paulo, Brazil attending 80,000.

1997 - Michael's "HIStory" World Tour concluded with a sold-out concert at Kings Park Stadium in Durban, South Africa attending 60,000, which is the 82nd concert of the History World Tour.

The "HIStory" tour broke all existing records - Michael Jackson's "HIStory" World Tour is the biggest world tour any solo performer had ever done!!! The tour also broke the legendary record set by the Rolling Stones with their "Voodoo Lounge" World Tour!

The "HIStory" tour spanned the globe with stops in 56 cities on 5 continents, and included 82 concerts to about 4.5 million loving fans.

With this, Michael broke his previous record which he set with the "Dangerous" World Tour. Michael toured with the widest stage anyone had ever toured with, and the mega show featured special effects by magicians David Copperfield and Siegfried and Roy.

During the SECOND leg of the "HIStory" tour, began in Bremen, Germany on 31st of May, Michael performed 40 shows, grossed over US$ 83.5 million and had a total attendance of 2,035,189. This equals to an average $2,087,853 gross and 50,880 attendance per show! These statistics are for the second leg of the tour only!
      Michael sold his millionth concert ticket at the Wembley Stadium and sold out four concerts in a row there. The tour was so successful that he had played 82 concerts to 4.5 million fans in 35 countries on 5 continents. The estimated grosses totaled more than $160 million and again, it was the biggest concert tour of its time.

2001 - All four re-issues ["Off The Wall", "Thriller", "Bad", "Dangerous"] containing previously unreleased material plus a new booklet with new photos, were officially released.

While Quincy Jones is promoting his autobiography On the Oprah Show, Michael calls him on the phone to congratulate him.

Michael completes the recording of What More Can I Give. He has been crossing the to record the parts of many artists such as Justin Timberlake, Usher, Beyonce, Mariah Carey, CEline Dion? Ricky Martin, Aaron & Nick Carter, Luther Vandross, Boyz II Men, Gloria Estefan ect...

2003 - Michael attends his brother Tito’s 50th birthday party with all the Jackson family.

One More Chance, written by R. Kelly in 2001, only new song from Michael's compilation album, Number Ones is premiered on radios.

It was released as a single on November 20, 2003, reaching #83 in the U.S., #5 in the UK and reaching #1 in Venezuela, Moldova and Turkey.

Promo short film shot in Las Vagas and edited, but not completed or released by Sony. Michael had been shooting the video late into the night of November 17, 2003, in Las Vegas, Nevada, when his Neverland Ranch was raided by the Santa Barbara Sheriffs Department. Following the raid, production was stopped. On October 13, 2010, the official website of Michael Jackson announced that the music video will be released in a deluxe DVD box set Michael Jackson's Vision on November 22, 2010.

2006 - Michael agrees to let US journalist Billy Bush from Access Hollywood visit him at the Grouse Lodge residential recording studios in remote Westmeath, Ireland where he is staying with Grace & the kids and working on new music with producer Will.I.AM.
      Ursula K. LeGuin

Frank Zappa

Ellen DeGeneres

Immortal
      I am:
      Happy

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      9 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Blog Entries

October 16

1970 - The Jackson 5 perform at New York City, NY on their first national tour.

1981 - While at the Studio 55 in Los Angeles, Michael sings backing vocals on the song Don’t Let A Woman Make A Fool Out Of You by Joe Carrasco.

1993 - Manchete magazine [Brazil] featured Michael on the cover.

1995 - Minister Louis Farrakhan reveals, for the first time, during a public lecture in Chicago, July 26, 2009, that the entertainer quietly donated 100,000 dollars to the historic ‘Million Man March’ from October 16, 1995. ‘The Million Man March’ was a gathering of social activists, en masse, held in Washington, D.C.. Under the leadership of Nation of Islam head, Louis Farrakhan, African American men from across the United States converged on Washington in an effort to “convey to the world a vastly different picture of the Black male” and to unite in self-help and self-defense against economic and social ills plaguing the African American minority/community

1997 - Michael Leaves Africa and Return to Neverland with OMer Bhatti.

2001 - Michael shoots a scene for the movie Men In Black 2 directed by Barry Sonnefield where he plays Agent M.

'We shot a small scene with Michael on Tuesday,’ said the film’s director, Barry Sonnenfeld. ‘He was charming, funny, and really cool to work with.’ Michael’s small cameo - just a few seconds long – took around five hours to shoot.

Michael had a lot of questions about his role, according to Sonnenfeld. He wanted to know everything about the special effects background of his scene. Sonnenfeld told him that there would be icebergs, but Michael wanted to know much more details:

"He said, 'Can I see the icebergs?'
      'No we don't have the photos yet.'
      'Is there anything else behind me?'
      'Penguins.' I'm making this up! I don't know if there are going to be penguins," Sonnenfeld said.
      "'Can I see the penguins?'
      'No I don't have the pictures of the penguins yet.'
      'Are they king penguins?'
      'Yes.'
      And then I said, 'You know, I gotta go.'"
      Michael dressed in MIB trademark attire; consulting MIB chief Zed via monitor, tries to persuade Chief Zed to make him Agent M!
      A big fan of sci-fi, Michael is sought out director Barry Sonnenfeld & requested a cameo to be briefly featured in the MIIB as a rogue alien.

Michael Jackson cameo as Undercover alien intelligence officer Agent M

Agent M: Zed, the Drolecks are gone and the treaty is signed.
      Zed: Good work!
      Agent M: Zed, what about that position you promised me in Men In Black?
      Zed: Still working on the Alien Affirmative Action Program. I'll keep you posted.
      Agent M: Wait a minute! That's not what you promised me!
      Zed: You're breaking up, can't hear you.
      Agent M: Zed! Hello? Zed?
      Zed: I'll call you back...
      [starts walking away]
      Agent M: I could be Agent M!

Will Smith explained in an interview that seeing Michael, dressed in MIB trademenk attire and consulting MIB chief Zed via monitor, is a credit to Michael's sense of humor:
      "You know, when he comes on the screen, people are really happy. It's as if Michael is saying to the world,
      'OK, all right. I'm human just like everyone else. I appreciate a good joke just like everyone else does,'
      But the thing that I loved so much is he kept wanting to play it serious. You know, he was, like,
      'You know, I'm a Man In Black, I just want it to be really serious.'
      ‘I think people are going to be really shocked and really surprised,’ predicted Smith, ‘and enjoy seeing Michael in this film and in this light.’
      The movie Men In Black 2 was premiered in early July. Director Barry Sonnenfeld scored a big hit in convincing Michael Jackson to appear in Men in Black II as an alien. Michael's small cameo appearance as an undercover alien intelligence officer 'Agent M' receives one of the biggest laughs! Both critics and the public praised Michael's performance & his sense of humor

The sci-fi action comedy starring Will Smith as Agent Jay & Tommy Lee Jones, sees the government agents team up again to tackle an alien which disguises itself in the body of a model, played by Flynn Boyle. MIIB do well at the box office in the US, charted at #1 in it's opening weekend with a revenue of $52.2m.

2005 - Michael & Grace take Prince, Paris & Blanket to see the movie Wallace & Grommit.
      Ursula K. LeGuin

Frank Zappa

Ellen DeGeneres

Immortal
      I am:
      Sad

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      24 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Blog Entries
      October 17

1970 - The Jackson Five's Third Album yielded their 4th #1 single I'll Be There.

In September 1970, the Jackson 5 had sold over 10 million copies of their 3 singles I Want You Back, ABC and The Love You Save, during a period of 9 months. It was a record for a so short period, and with I'll Be There, they are the first artists to have produced 4 singles reaching the top of the Billboard!

It was quite a change of pace from the singles that had been previously released. I'll Be There is a touching balled with Michael and Jermaine trading lead vocals. I'll Be There gave the Jackson Five their longest stay at #1, entering the #1 position the week of October 17, 1970 and remaining at the top of the chart for 5 weeks, replacing Neil Diamond's Cracklin' Rose. It also become their 4th #1 hit on the black singles chart. The Jackson Five became the 1st group ever to have their 1st four singles become #1 hits. I'll Be There became Motown's 3rd biggest single of all time behind Marvin Gaye's Heard It Through the Grapevine and Lionel Richie and Diana Ross' duet, Endless Love.

Third album was released a few days after the first single.

The Jackson 5 perform the first national tour at Detroit, Michigan.

- Volume: 20 Issue: 16 of People magazine[US] featured Michael on their cover story: THAT THRILLER MICHAEL JACKSON and a host of rockers cash in on America`s video revolution MTV.

1991 - Bunte magazine[Germany] cover featured Michael & Elizabeth Taylor at her wedding.

1993 - Michael performs Dangerous concert at Morumbi Stadium in Sao Paulo, Brazil attending 100,000.

2001 - Michael Jackson's publicist released a lineup of artists to participate in Jackson's benefit single "What More Can I Give." The single was a benefit for the victims of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks in the U.S. The list included Mariah Carey, Ricky Martin, Tom Petty, Carlos Santana, Celine Dion, Shakira, Gloria Estefan, Usher, Julio Iglesias, Reba McEntire, Luther Vandross, Brian McKnight, Aaron Carter, Jon Secada, Billy Gilman, Boyz II Men's Shawn Stockman, Alejandro Sanz, Christian Castro, Olga Tañón, Juan Gabriel, Luis Miguel, Thalía, Ziggy Marley and 3LW.

Debbie Rowe goes to the family court in Los Angeles to give up her parental rights on Prince & Paris because she says she has not seen them for a year and do not want to disturb them by making intrusions in their life once in a while.

Immortal
      I am:
      Sad

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      24 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Blog Entries
      1969 - The Jackson 5 got their first* national television debut in U.S. on the ABC-TV show Hollywood Palace Special when Diana Ross introduced them.

One week after I Want You Back was released, the Jackson 5 made their first national television appearance on a live broadcast of Hollywood Palace on ABC-TV at 9:30 p.m(EST). Diana Ross was serving as the guest host of a special show devoted to Motown acts.

For their performance, the Jackson 5 did some fancy footwork to the first few measures of their exhilarating versions of Sly & the Family Stone's Sing a Simple Song (a cover song that was never released in its entirety, assuming the J5 did a studio recording of it, as they did with several songs by the Family Stone), and then sang a beautiful slow tempo song from their first LP, Can You Remember, a Delfonics cover.

After a smattering of polite applause, Michael is barely audible when he introduces their next song - new debut single, saying: "Now we'd like to do our very first release on Motown. It's on sale everywhere!" and they tore into a blistering version of I Want You Back, their first live performance of I Want You Back, and about a minute into the song, you can see Michael begin to relax. Suddenly it appears that he is really enjoying being on stage and in front of a national audience. Watching it, we get a strong sense that we are witnessing a star being born.

You might think little of the adult Michael Jackson but I defy even the most cynical to remain unmoved by the video of the Jackson 5 featuring Michael Jackson on the Diana Ross show belting out James Brown's There Was A Time along with Sammy Davis Jr. The pint-sized 11-year-old with the huge Afro and eyes to match, a big sweet voice and a determination to outflank Miss Ross in camera position, was already an experienced performer, though his grown-up moves were slightly off-kilter. He could simulate sexuality as he did a pretend ad lib but he was a kid all the same.

In their heavily scripted banter, Michael and Diana made several references to Michael's similarity to Sammy Davis Jr., and Sammy himself made a surprise cameo appearance to carry the the running gag one step further by pretending to be worried that Michael was going to take his place. In a way, this is a watershed episode of the past (Sammy Davis Jr. in a fit of mock jealousy over young Mike), present (Diana and the Supremes), and future (Michael and the Jackson 5) of African American entertainment.

Besides Diana Ross and the Supremes, other guests on the show included Gladys Knight and the Pips and Stevie Wonder, but it was the smallest of these stars that night, the most dynamic as well, who stole the show from everyone. In fact, the line up was so remarkable, Motown put out a soundtrack album for it on March 1970.

Motown had already been circulating the story that Diana had discovered the Jackson 5, so the show provided the perfect opportunity for her to introduce her young protegees. We all know the back story: Diana Ross got credit for the discovery because Berry Gordy asked her to "present" the Jackson 5 to the public, thereby launching their career and Ross's solo career in one fell swoop. Immediately -- and it may have had something to do with the language Motown used in their promotional materials, such as "the Jackson 5 were discovered by Diana Ross". This added an additional power of seduction including them public, and it was also a great enhancement of Diana Ross, who was preparing to leave the Supremes.

The notion that Diana had a hand in grooming the young group for stardom was driven home by publicity photos showing her helping Michael with his stage make up... ...and in making certain the microphone was at just the right height for the lead singer.

*The show is often cited in biographies, as the "first nationally broadcast television appearance," while the first was "Miss Black America" in August 1969.

1970 - The Jackson 5 perform at Chicago, Illinois on their first national tour.

1980 - The Jackson's album Triumph hit #13 in the U.K.

Triumph was the 13th album by The Jacksons, released in 1980 on Epic Records. It was certified platinum in the U.S. and peaked at #10 on the Billboard 200. Hit singles from the album were Lovely One, Heartbreak Hotel (This Place Hotel) and Can You Feel It.

The Jacksons shared lead vocals and solo spots on most songs, but Michael Jackson handles most of the lead vocals. Triumph was the Jacksons' first album to reach #1 on the Billboard R&B Albums chart since Maybe Tomorrow in 1971. The album would sell over two million copies worldwide, and the Jacksons would not release another studio LP for four years after Triumph's release.

1982 - The Girl Is Mine released as the first single off the THRILLER album.

The song hit #1 on the R&B singles chart and #2 on the Hot 100 in U.S, and #8 in the UK.

The writing of The Girl Is Mine was completed by Michael as he watched cartoons with Paul McCartney:
      "It started with Quincy Jones asking me to write a song about two guys quarreling over the same girl, and I thought about it and I came up with The Girl Is Mine."
      "I woke up from my sleep and I had this song," said Michael, explaining his
      inspiration for writing the song, "and I went over to the tape recorder and I sang it into the tape recorder, and I sang exactly what I heard in my head, starting with the melody and the keyboard and the strings and everything. So I just orally put it on tape."
      The rap in the song, Michael explained, was Quincy Jones’s idea. Asked about his
      other songs, and if any of them were similar to The Girl Is Mine, Michael replied, "Oh, yes, lots of other songs... they are mainly the same chords that I use in so many... That’s What You Get (For Being Polite) is one. Others would be Why Can’t I Be, Thank You For Life – all have the same main, the same type of chords as The Girl Is Mine.
      To prove his point, Michael sang The Girl Is Mine to an instrumental version of That’s What You Get (For Being Polite).

McCartney spent three days at Westlake Studios, Los Angeles, working on the song with Michael from 14th-16th April 1982 – the year after the pair first worked on Say Say Say and The Man, although it was the first Jackson/McCartney duet to gain a release. The single's cover photograph was taken by McCartney's wife, Linda.

Michael is on record as saying the duet is one of his most enjoyable recording moments:
      "One of my favourite songs to record, of all my recordings as a solo artist, is probably The Girl Is Mine, because working with Paul McCartney was pretty exciting and we just literally had fun... it was like lots of kibitzing and playing and throwing stuff at each other and making jokes... and we actually recorded the track and the vocals pretty much live at the same time, and we do have footage of it, but it's never been shown – maybe one day we’ll give you a sneak preview of it."

Its lukewarm reception from fans prompted many industry insiders to presume Thriller would be a sales failure. They couldn’t be more wrong.

1988 - Michael performs BAD tour at Capital Centre in Washington DC [US].

1993 - Michael arrives in Santiago(Chile) to perform a concert on October 23 at the Chile National Stadium.

1996 - Michael performs HIStory concert at Chungshan Soccer Stadium in Taipei, Taiwan attending 40,000.

2005 - Michael & his entourage leave London.

Immortal
      I am:
      Happy

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      9 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Blog Entries

October 20

1974 - Michael Jackson appeared on "Soul Train."

- The Jacksons perform Destiny tour in Indianapolis[US].

1983 - Arena magazine[Yugoslavia (Serbia and Montenegro)] featured Michael on their cover.

1984 - The Jacksons perform Victory tour at Municipal Stadium in Cleveland, Ohio [USA] attending 50,000.

1987 - Sunday magazine [UK] featured Michael on their cover story: SECRET DOUBLE LIFE: The Real Michael Jackson Revealed.

2001 - What More Can I Give, completed on 19th October 2001, premiered two days later at the ‘United We Stand – What More Can I Give’ concert at Washington DC’s RFK Stadium, in front of 46,000 people.

2009 - Two legal documents, signed by Michael Jackson, handing to USA for Africa the profits from the 1985 hit We Are the World that Jackson and Lionel Richie wrote, and which brought in "tens of millions", will go to auction, benefiting VH1's Save the Music Foundation. "(Michael Jackson) was a bigger philanthropist than most people gave him credit for," USA for Africa Executive Director, Marcia Thomas, says of the singer-entertainer. "He didn't do it for the credit. He did it because he felt it was the right thing to do." Nancy Birdsall, president of the Washington-based Center for Global Development, adds that "We Are the World marked what at that time was a high point in rich-world concern about poor people in the developing world. That sort of awareness helps to open the way not only for more effective foreign assistance but for other changes in policy, such as trade and migration, that can have a big impact on poor people's lives." The 2 legal documents, transferring his rights and profits to the group USA for Africa, are estimated to gross in 50,000 dollars at the Alexander Autographs auction at the Mohegan Sun casino in Connecticut. The in-person and online auction includes a huge number of rock-and-roll and Hollywood artifacts and is organized by an auction house noted for its historical and political offerings.
      Ursula K. LeGuin

Frank Zappa

Ellen DeGeneres

Immortal
      I am:
      Sad

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      24 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Blog Entries
      October 21

- With Motown suing to prevent the Jackson 5 from leaving the label, the remaining members of the group, including Michael and Joseph, counter-sued the label.

1979 - The Jacksons perform Destiny tour in Dayton[US].

1985 - Michael visits the animals from the "Cohuna Wildlife Sanctuary" in Perth, Australia.

- Michael, Elizabeth & Larry are on the cover of People magazine[US] with the Story Headline: Exclusive! Liz & Larry's Wedding Album.

2000 - As part of its series on pop legends, the RSI Rete Tre radio station in Switzerland aired a program about Michael Jackson.

- Michael took over the stage again at the United We Stand – What More Can I Give concert, a benefit concert organized by the artist and staged at the RFK Stadium in Washington, D.C. at 1:00 p.m. in front of a sold-out audience of over 46,000 people.

Under a spray of red, white and blue confetti, Michael - joined onstage by the other artists - sang his new song written for the attack victims, What More Can I Give? with all the artists of the night (including Usher & Mariah Carey) Prince, Paris, Macauley Culkin, the Cascios & Marc Shaffel attend the concert backstage.

Before the final all-star performance from the United We Stand: What More Can I Give tribute concert organized by Michael Jackson and held on October 21, 2001 in New York, in benefit of the victims of the 9/11, the artist takes the audience 'to church' when he makes an emotional speech in front of the audience.

The half day long music and entertainment festival featured performances by many of the world's leading entertainers, ranged from classics including Janet Jackson, James Brown, Al Green, Carole King, Rod Stewart, Bette Midler, America, Aerosmith, and Huey Lewis to modern-day contemporaries of the time including Destiny's Child, P. Diddy, the Goo Goo Dolls, Train, the Backstreet Boys, Usher, Mariah Carey, Pink, and 'N Sync. Each performer did a brief set usually amounting to about five songs apiece. The concert opened in the early afternoon with the National Anthem performed by the Backstreet Boys and lasted well into the night.

Michael Jackson performs alongside a host of other artists his relief songs We Are The World, Man In The Mirror and What More Can I Give at United We Stand: What More Can I Give, and collecting $15 million for the victims of the terrorist attacks in New York City, N.Y.

Michael dedicated the song to the victims of the 9/11 terrorist attack and their families, saying: ‘You are not alone. You are in our hearts, you are in our thoughts, and you are in our prayers.’

The benefit gig was the third major concert in tribute to the 9/11 attacks. The other two were held in New York City. During the telecast of this show on ABC, there was no mention of Michael's name and he was always filmed with the rest of the singers in the background; this was because Jackson signed a contract with CBS over the 30th Anniversary Special (from September 10) to not appear under his name in any other program. Michael recorded the all-star tribute that year, which included stars such as Ricky Martin, Destiny's Child, Shakira, Celine Dion and Gloria Estefan. But despite the commercial power of such a line-up, Sony Music did not release the song, much the singer’s bewilderment.

United We Stand: What More Can I Give? raised about $2 million through the sale of more than 46,000 tickets. It was one of three benefit concerts over the weekend. Proceeds benefit the American Red Cross Liberty Relief Fund, the Salvation Army Relief Fund, the Pentagon Relief Fund and Rewards For Justice.

Two hour TV special edited and aired on ABC TV in the U.S. on 1st November.

http://mjjtime.blogspot.com/search?u...-paginate=true

Immortal
      I am:
      Happy

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      9 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Blog Entries

October 22

1993 - Michael visits children in the Calvo Mackenna hospital.

1996 - Michael performs HIStory concert at Chungshan Soccer Stadium in Taipei, Taiwan attending 40,000.

2001 - Michael records a Spanish version of What More Can I Give called Todo Para Ti.
      Ursula K. LeGuin

Frank Zappa

Ellen DeGeneres

Immortal
      I am:
      Sad

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      24 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Blog Entries
      October 23

1978 - Michael visits the famous toy store F.A.O Schwartz in Manhattan.

1987 - Michael Jackson's one-day trip in Chinese mainland.

When Michael Jackson's China fans are groaning that they will never see the King of Pop on their homeland, it is rarely known to the public the pop icon actually dropped by a tourist attraction once in Guangdong during his vacation in Hong Kong in 1987.

Liu Guangzhi, Jackson's guide then, couldn't hold back his excitement speaking of the megastar's one-day visit of a guided trip in his hometown.

"I didn't know whom I was going to pick up until they gave me the tourists' name list. Michael Jackson's name was right there, the first on the list," Liu, 23 then, recalled.

"For most of his fans here, it's a pity he never visited Chinese mainland, but hardly have they known that he was here once 22 years ago," Liu added.

Michael Jackson is a man with few words but very friendly, Liu said of his first impression of the pop icon. "We are not able to have an in-depth talk on any subject, but he mailed me our photo with his autograph on it through his agent later," Liu continued.

The children and the seniors, who took photos with Michael Jackson during his tour of their village, also received the pictures from him. Many of the villagers still have the photos in house.

Michael Jackson had two of these photos published on his autobiography, commenting under one snapshot "I can't resist babies. In China, 1987".

Liu is grateful to Michael Jackson for the pictures, he said, "it's a cherished memory for us all, and Michael helped us to keep it".

"Though he's not with us any more, I still remember his kindness. He's the unparalleled King of Pop, I'll keep the memory of him in my heart forever."

1988 - Michael presents a check for $125,000 to Esther G. Edwards, president of Motown Museum and Motown founder, Mr. Berry Gordy during ceremonies at the Motown Museum Historical Foundation in Detroit, Michigan, finance sustaining the maintenance of the famed museum, the highest amount of money donated up until that time to the museum.

Michael's black fedora and sequined glove are on display at the Motown Historical Museum at Hitsville U.S.A. in Detroit
      Superstar Michael Jackson, in a rare public appearance, visited Detroit's Motown Museum and donated $125,000 to the famed museum. Extensive security measures were taken for Michael's visit to the Museum, West Grand Blvd. was completely blocked off and police officers and mounted police awaited the arrival of Michael and Motown founder Berry Gordy, Detroit Mayor Coleman Young welcomed them to city.

"It’s great to be here. I'm very happy and proud to be back to the soil from which I came," Michael said during the ceremonies outside of the museum. "Berry Gordy is the man that made it all possible for me. I want to say thank you, Berry and I love you."

At least 2,500 fans endured a constant, cold rain to get a glimpse of Michael when he arrived at the museum. They cheered wildly when Michael presented a check for $125,000 to Gordy and Motown Museum President Esther G. Edwards. Michael also donated three items from his personal collection to the museum: a shiny rhinestone glove, a trademark black fedora and stage costume dating from 1972 he wore with the Jackson 5 when he was 13.

During his visit to the museum, Michael joined Gordy on a tour of the modest house where Gordy founded Motown Records in 1959.

Gordy told the crowd: "Michael Jackson knows that success in life is not merely confined to fame and fortune and material gains, but it's also found in a continual awareness of our roots, his roots. These are Michael Jackson's roots, right here. You were the first people that bought Michael Jackson's records," he told the fans. "And he loves you-and he loves you for it."

Gordy called the pop superstar one of the museum's greatest supporters and praised Michael as "a man who is not only the greatest entertainer to come out of Motown, but the greatest entertainer to come out of any town!"

- Michael Jackson and Sir Elton John are awarded the first "Ryan White Award" for outstanding contribution to AIDS programs (award that will be handed over a year later).

1993 - Michael performs at Chile National Stadium in Santiago, Chile attending 65,000.

2009 - Entertainment Weekly magazine[US] featured Michael on the cover with the headline: The New Michael Jackson Movie - The Inside Story Of His Final Performances And the Film That Captures His Last Days.

http://mjjtime.blogspot.com/2010_10_01_archive.html
      Last edited by Anka; 10-23-2011 at 03:21 AM.

Immortal
      I am:
      Happy

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      9 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Blog Entries

October 24

1978 - The Wiz, the musical film produced by Motown Productions and Universal Pictures, was released by Universal.

The Wiz was a retelling of The Wonderful Wizard of Oz featuring an entirely African-American cast. The film follows the adventures of Dorothy[Diana Ross], a shy schoolteacher from Harlem, New York who finds herself magically transported to the wonderland of Oz, which resembles a fantasy version of New York City. Befriended by a Scarecrow[Michael Jackson], a Tin Man[Nipsey Russell], and a Cowardly Lion[Ted Ross], Dorothy travels through the world of Oz to seek an audience with the mysterious "Wiz", who they say has the power to take her home.

Diana Ross and Michael Jackson attend the premiere & opening night party of the movie The Wiz, at the Paramount, Los Angeles, October 24, 1978.

At the Pitt’s Century Plaza Theater in Century City (Los Angeles) with the Jackson family & Diana Ross among others.
      The Wiz had its premiere in New York City, over a year after filming began. It was received with poor reviews and lukewarm box office returns, failing to recoup its expensive budget. Michael took the film’s failure personally, especially in light of the fact that his father and brothers had tried to discourage him from making it.

Michael Jackson's performance as the Scarecrow was one of the only positively reviewed elements of the film, with critics noting that MJ possessed "genuine acting talent" and "provided the only genuinely memorable moments." Of the results of the film, Michael stated: "I don't think it could have been any better, I really don't." In 1980, Michael stated that his time working on The Wiz was "my greatest experience so far...I'll never forget that."
      Michael says: "It was incredible, wonderful. I learned so much from [Diana Ross]. We’re like brother and sister, really."

1987 - Bad hit #1 in US charts.
      The second single released off of the BAD album was the title track. It became the album's second #1 single. Bad stayed at the top of the Hot 100 for two weeks. Bad also went to #1 on the black singles chart. The extended version of the Bad video aired on MTV for weeks with the air times announced each day. Later, an edited version of the video was aired.

1988 - Michael performs BAD tour at The Palace of Auburn Hills in Detroit [US].

At the end of October, the BAD tour moved into Motown-Detroit, Michigan. Michael was scheduled to perform at the Palace of Auburn Hills on October 24-26. The first of the three night stand in Detroit was a benefit concert for Detroit's Motown Museum. The two story house, Hitsville USA, where Berry Gordy originally started Motown, had been declared a historical landmark earlier in the spring. Since Motown relocated to Los Angeles, the building has been turned into a museum, organized by Berry Gordy's sister, Esther Edwards.

When Berry Gordy was preparing to sell Motown Records to MCA and Boston Ventures, Michael was touring Europe. He wanted to do something for Berry and for Motown. Gordy suggested he do something for the Motown Museum. Michael did. He called Esther Edwards in Detroit from Hong Kong. The result was that Michael donated all of his proceeds from his first concert in Auburn Hills to the Motown Museum Historical Foundation. Michael has been a very strong supporter of the development of the museum since its inception.

1993 - Michael arrives in Mexico to perform 5 concerts at Azteca Stadium from 29th October to 11th November.

1996 - Michael performs HIStory concert at Singapore National Stadium in Singapore attending 65,000.

In the States, Michael’s mini-movie Ghosts, which cost an estimated $7-9 million, premiered at the Motion Picture Academy Of Arts in Beverly Hills, California, alongside Stephen King’s full length horror movie Thinner.
      Ursula K. LeGuin

Frank Zappa

Ellen DeGeneres

Immortal
      I am:
      Happy

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      9 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Blog Entries

October 25

1977 - The cast of The Wiz hold a party in Michael’s honour at the Studio 54.

1979 - The Jacksons perform Destiny tour in Columbus, OH[US].

2003 - Michael Jackson is awarded the Key to the City of Las Vegas, Nevada by the Mayor Goodman at Art Of Music Store. He promote What More Can I Give.

Over three hundred fans were on hand to see Mayor Oscar Goodman present Michael Jackson with the key to the city of Las Vegas in a ceremony held at the Art Of Music Store at the Desert Passage Mall in Vegas.

In true Michael style, the King of Pop arrived close to an hour late, accompanied by his friend Mark Lester & manager Dieter Wiesner. The ceremony began about an hour later than the original 3:00 time with the King Of Pop being introduced by one of the leading tribute artists, E Cassanova.

Michael spoke briefly, thanking the Mayor and the audience, telling the fans that "I love you more." He then walked through the crowd, greeting the fans and signing autographs. Michael definitely looked 'Bad,' wearing silver boots, black pants, red beaded applique shirt and double belts along with the traditional sunglasses!

The presentation was under way as E'Cassanova said a few words to Michael´s adoring fans! One of the keynote statements E'Cassanova made to the screaming crowd was "Michael Jackson fans don't die, we multiply!" He then introduced The Mayor Goodman who then presented Michael Jackson with the Key to the city. Michael made a brief speech by thanking the fans for their support. Michael also collected various signs and banners from the fans.

But after the ceremonies, and away from the crowd, Mayor Goodman told MJ how much he belives in him. He told MJ that he was so proud that Michael would come to the city, and be accessible to the public. He went on to say that MJ is one of the greatest people in the world, and he was going to make it his business to tell everybody how special MJ was. And would you believe it... he then begged MJ for tickets (for his daughter) to the RMAs.

Michael Jackson returned to the Art of Music store Saturday evening to be present at a special sale of his memorabilia. The holders of pre-purchased passes were given the opportunity to buy items and have them signed by Michael. Dennis Rodman was among those present at the event.

The wide, clear glass windows afforded fans a great view of the goings - on inside. Typical of his good heart, however, Michael did not abandon the fans who gathered to see him. He stepped outside twice to meet and greet fans and sign autographs.

Michael was in wonderful spirits and was excited to meet with the fans once again. Tee shirts were also given out to the fans, featuring the RMA award logo on the front and the 'What More Can I Give' art on the back.

Sources: rearrangingminds/MJFC

Michael Jackson's Other Neverland:

Michael Jackson's roots run deep in Las Vegas, now he holds a key to the city. Michael Jackson never performed an actual ticketed show in Las Vegas during his adult career. But he had a high profile in the city as a frequent visitor and, also a resident. His association with Las Vegas began during the Jackson 5 era and continued to recent recordings in the studio at the Palms.

A teenage Jackson and his brothers performed on the Strip as the Jackson 5, starting in April 1974 at the original MGM Grand (now Bally's). They performed at the hotel several times that year.

The closest Michael came to a ticketed performance was in February 1994, when "The Jackson Family Honors" was taped in front of a live audience at the MGM Grand Garden arena for an NBC special.
      Ursula K. LeGuin

Frank Zappa

Ellen DeGeneres

Immortal
      I am:
      Happy

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      9 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Blog Entries

October 26

1979 - The Jacksons perform Destiny tour in Syracuse[US].

1991 - Le Lundi magazine[France] featured Michael & Liz on their cover with the headline:Elizabeth Taylor - "My marriage saved me from suicide"

2001 - Michael participates in an Online Audio Chat with his fans hosted by Yahoo & Get Music, sponsored by Rolling Stone. With music critic/writer Anthony DeCurtis, he answered questions from fans via telephone about the new album, the recording process and his music.
      Michael revealed:
      • His favourite songs on INVINCIBLE are Speechless, The Lost Children and Unbreakable.
      • The song he relates to most is Unbreakable: ‘I’ve been through so many things... but nothing and no one can stop me until I’m ready to stop.’
      • The song Speechless was inspired by ‘two sweet little kids’, a boy and a girl, with whom he had a water balloon fight in Germany: ‘they are so innocent, they are the quintessential form of innocence. Just being in their presence, I felt completely speechless’.
      • While working on an album, he sometimes writes 10-12 songs, only to throw them all away and start over.
      • He sometimes makes musicians do things 100 or 1,000 times, to make it the best it can be. They may get angry at him, only to ring him later, to admit that he brought out the best in their performance.
      • He’s a huge fan of Chris Tucker: ‘He makes me laugh so hard. I like people that make you laugh without vulgarity.’
      2009 - THIS IS IT (The Music That Inspired The Movie) album was released internationally on October 26, and worldwide the following day.

The two-disc album features music 'inspired from the documentary of the same name'. Disc one feature the original album masters of some of Michael's biggest hits arranged in the same sequence as they appear in the film and ends with two versions of the 'never-released' This Is It. This song is featured in the film's closing sequence and includes backing vocals by Michael Jackson's brothers, The Jacksons."The second disc featured "previously unreleased versions" from Jackson's 'catalogue of hits' and also include a spoken word poem entitled Planet Earth(which originally appeared in the liner notes of the Dangerous (1991) album) and a 36-page commemorative booklet with photos of Michael from his rehearsal.
      Charts & Sales:

• THIS IT IT debut at #1 on the Billboard 200 album chart, marked Michael's 6th #1 entry on the chart, with the sales of over 373,000 in its first week of release.
      • This Is It's chart performance tied Jackson with several other artist for the most #1 albums on the Billboard 200 chart; among the solo male artists, Jackson currently is tied with Garth Brooks for 2nd place with 51 entries.
      • This Is It debuted at #1 in fourteen countries, including the U.S., Canada, Japan, Italy and France.
      • This Is It peaked within the top 10 of the charts in other nations.
      • This Is It has been certified Gold, Platinum, and twice-Platinum in multiple countries.
      • This Is It was the twelfth best selling album of 2009 in the United States having sold an estimated 1.29 million units since its release of nine weeks, and the 3rd best selling album of 2009 based on worldwide sales.
      • This Is It has sold over five million copies worldwide.
      Matchbox Recordings released an incredible charity single featuring a group of young entertainers from Merseyside, Liverpool. The single by "Bulief" is a cover of Michael Jackson's hit "Heal the world" and is in aid of the Red Balloon Learner centre in Liverpool in the name of James Bulger House. The small scale charity single released, not only in rememberance of James but as a way to gain funding for JBH, which raised £10,000 the fund-raising night.

Michael Jackson has given his socially-conscious song, "Heal The World" to a group of young entertainers from Merseyside, Liverpool, to help raise money for the "James Bulger Red Ballon Centres Appeal", established by his mother, Denise Fergus from Kirkby, Merseyside. James Bolger, her 2 year-old son was killed in 1993 by 2 teenagers. With all proceeds being funnelled to James Bulger House (a school for bullied children).

Michael Jackson was aware of James, he sent a large basket of flowers to James Bulger's mother Denise Fergus after his murder with a very personal letter. He wrote a couple of lines for James and he named it 'Child Of Innocence'. Michael was in support of and aware of the single and it had been featured on his official website.

James' mom says: "Even at the young age of two James was a huge Micheal Jackson fan, and so it felt right that we sing a song he loved in dedication to him. We played Michael's song at James' funeral. I've listened to 'Heal The World' over and over again and it gave me such a buzz when we found out we could release it to raise money for the JBH. The words in the song are very touching. I feel the world does need healing with children committing crimes. It is very upsetting the way the world is at the moment, bullying is going on everywhere."
      Ursula K. LeGuin

Frank Zappa

Ellen DeGeneres

Immortal
      I am:
      Happy

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      9 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Blog Entries

October 27

1973 - Popswop magazine[UK] featured Michael on their cover.

Disc magazine[UK] featured Michael on their cover with the story Michael Jackson: Voice Breaking is Hit Making.

1979 - The Jacksons perform Destiny tour in Buffalo, New York[US].

1993 - Michael meets the President of Mexico.

1996 - Michael performs HIStory concert at Merdeka Stadium in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia attending 30,000.

Performances of "Black Or White", "Earth Song", "Heal the World", and "HIStory" either were not broadcast. The available broadcast go up to "Dangerous". Snippets of the October 29 concert (including the aforementioned songs) were also released during a news report on TV1000. Because crotch grabbing is considered impure in Islam, Jackson altered his crotch-grabbing move in this concert. Televised by ntv7.

2003 - The edited version of the single, What More Can I Give?, featuring a host of other artists, is released via the official Music for Giving website as a $2 download to support charity projects. The charities that received donations when "What More Can I Give" was donated were "Oneness", "Mr. Holland’s Opus Foundation" and "The International Child Art Foundation". It was due to certain legal delays and misunderstandings that the charity anthem, (also previously devoted to the Kosovo victims and intended to be performed with late Luciano Pavarotti in 1999), was redirected – via Internet pay - to providing financial aid to the September 11, 2001 victims in New York.

Michael Jackson premiered the short film for his latest charity single titled, What More Can I Give? at Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada. The short film was first premiered to a small Clear Channel audience. Clear Channel is a collection of media and entertainment companies. Michael thanked the disc jockeys, producers, and radio in general and stated that he did not think that they get enough credit. He went on to say that they help artists get their music out and he wouldn’t be here without their support. During the video premiere, Michael sat on the floor and watched with the audience. He invited the children in the audience to sit with him.

Immediately following, Michael went next door where the short film premiered again for a larger audience of radio stations. Again, he sat on the floor for the premiere. He thanked everyone and was extremely personable. Michael said that he feels his music is channeled from God; he sings it, but it’s the radio that gets it out. He expressed his appreciation again for the continued support of his work.

Following the premiere of the short film Michael went back to the ‘Art of Music’ store and did another signing. Some fans were able to get in and get tee shirts, and other memorabilia signed. He also made sure to greet the fans that were standing outside of the store.

In regards to this charity single, Michael simply stated, "Let’s make this happen!"

In the evening, Michael Jackson premieres the short film for What More Can I Give in the conference area at the Aladdin Hotel in Las Vegas, Nevada.

At the Radio Music Awards, Michael accepts the first ever Humanitarian Award from Beyonce.
      Beyonce Knowles introduced Michael, taking the stage with a smile she began, "I am honored to be here tonight to introduce a music Icon. As a little girl, groovin' to his music, I like millions around the world, tried to mimic his unique and thrilling singing and dancing. He's still doing it! But today what I am trying to mimic is his passion for helping others. It is an example for all of us. He believes we can really change the world and he's doing it. He still remains the biggest selling recording artist in the history of music. *begin applause and screams* The king of pop! Ladies and gentlemen please welcome artist and humanitarian, MICHAEL JACKSON!" *you rock my world plays in the background*
      Michael enters wearing a black satin shirt & velvet pants with two belts, One silver and the other one silver and sparkly with matching sparkly shin guards and boots. *the crowd is standing, yelling, clapping* Michael embraces Beyonce and moves center stage. Smiling the entire time. *cut to enthusiastic crowd, applauding vigorously* Michael bows graciously and laughs.

On accepting the Award, he draws focus to What More Can I Give, the sequel of the 1985 high-grossing charitable single, "We Are The World", and remembers the 2001 terrorist attacks in New York which, apart from their tragic aftermath, also "brought us together and finally brought this project together"; afterwards, Michael Jackson presents a short film showcasing the highlights of the charitable song’s recording.

"We Are The World" was a project we did to help feed people around the Globe, who were starving and at risk. As you know, it was a huge success "We Are The World". This time, the time is come for the sequel to "We Are The World", to express our feelings, inspires, hope and lift those who need it most. It has been two years - a very long time – but with over one hundred people participating and donating their perecords, this project together finally has arrived. It couldn’t have happened without you all. The incredible talented artists who participated in creating this song that I just wrote.

Two years ago, we survived a terrorist attack that forever changed not only our country, but the entire world. We will never forget that that terrible tragedy brought us together and finally brought this project together. Producing this song was a miracle in itself. Here is a video showing some of the highlights of the moving collaboration, and tonight, you will experience it here first.

Thank you to Radio Music Awards for giving us this opportunity to bring it to the world. I hope, once again, we can set aut on a mission to lead the world in a path of harmony, by asking ourselves every day: "What More Can I give?" [the footage of the song recordings are displayed]; Jackson is given the Humanitarian Award by singer Beyonce, for which he adds a brief "thank you" speech."
      2005 - Michael’s lawyer Brent Ayscough confirms that Michael has filed a counter suit against Marc Schaffel , accusing him of concealing and misappropriating funds and he has also settled a lawsuit filed by an antiques dealer who alleged he had not fully paid for $380,000 worth of goods.

While in Barhain, Michael coordinates the recording of FTBOMH in Los Angeles with artists such as R Kelly. The O'Jays, Snoop Dogg, Ciara, Shirley Caesar, James Ingram et Babyface. He also renames the song I Have A Dream.

2009 - Michael Jackson's This Is It made its worldwide premiere at the Nokia Theater in downtown Los Angeles on Tuesday before it hits the theaters. The red carpet for the premiere was live streamed via webcast across the world, starting at 4:30 PM PDT.

It seemed everyone in Hollywood wanted to see what This Is It was all about.

Going on speculation and a glowing review from Elizabeth Taylor, a heaping spoonful of A-listers and others packed Los Angeles' Nokia Theatre for the premiere of the Michael Jackson concert film, comprising footage as he prepared for a 50-date farewell-concert blowout.

"I'm sitting in the nokia theater in awe of the 'this is it' movie!" twittered Paula Abdul, just one of the stars who walked the red carpet before showtime. "So many emotions are coming up For me I can't believe He's Gone BRILLIANT."

Jackson's brothers were the blood-relative VIPs in a crowd that also included Will Smith, Jennifer Lopez, Katy Perry, Adam Lambert, David Cook, Paris Hilton, Neil Patrick Harris, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Nigel Lythgoe and Berry Gordy Jr.

"Michael would have loved this turnout," associate producer and tour choreographer Travis Payne told the L.A. Times' Pop & Hiss blog as Jackson's music played in the background.

"It's time to celebrate Michael, to rejoice in all his wonderful messages of peace and love. People are going to enjoy seeing the Michael I always got to see."

"You see him onstage as if he were standing in front of a full house," added This Is It director Kenny Ortega. "I hope the fans find satisfaction, that fans will understand what Michael had planned for them."

Sony Pictures paid $60 million for the rights to more than 100 hours of rehearsal footage that was whittled into the 111-minute film. Its planned two-week run was extended because it's a major hit, but in the meantime it's opening in 99 countries by tomorrow and will expand to 110 this weekend.
      Ursula K. LeGuin

Frank Zappa

Ellen DeGeneres

Immortal
      I am:
      Happy

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      9 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Blog Entries

October 28

1972 - Disc magazine[UK] featured Michael on their cover.

1979 - The Jacksons perform Destiny tour in Springfield[US].

1983Say Say Say premiered in the UK on Channel 4’s The Tube music programme.

1993 - Michael Jackson enables 5000 deprived children in Mexico to visit "El Nuevo Reino Aventura Park" in Mexico, home of whale Keiko, the whale in Free Willy.

Michael scheduled a visit to the park but ended up not making it to the park. Michael did get out in Mexico to shop at a Mixup Record Store at Pabellon Polanco shopping mall. During his one hour visit, Michael signed autographs and purchased $4000 worth laser discs and compact discs. He seemed very comfortable during his visit and even danced in the back of the store.

In the same month, Jackson passes thousands of concert tickets to the necessitous children of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, and provides thousands of such children with another set of tickets in Buenos Aires, Argentina.

2000 - Escorted by actress and friend, Dame Elizabeth Taylor, Michael attends the "Carousel of Hope" ball presenting a new look.

During the fund-raising gala addressing juvenile diabetes, held at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills, California, hosted by Jay Leno, more than 50 plates, which had been painted by celebrities, were auctioned and Michael Jackson had been one of the stars that donated a self-painted plate for the good cause. He also donated a limited-edition poster at the "African Ambassadors’ Spouses" annual gala, organization directed to treating children suffering from AIDS.

The "Carousel of Hope" Ball raised more than 6 million dollars benefiting the Children's Diabetes Foundation. Marvin and Barbara Davis, founder of the "Carousel of Hope" evening of charity fund-raising, hosted the mentioned lavish lunch for the out-of-town guests, plus participants in the fundraiser.

Among those who stopped by to hug Michael Jackson is Berry Gordy Jr., his discoverer, and Susanne de Passe, as well as Shirley MacLaine, Carrie Fisher, Joan Collins, David Foster, Toni Braxton, Sidney Poitier, Gregory Peck, Neil Diamond, Dustin Hoffman, Morgan Freeman, Pierce Brosnan, Goldie Hawn, Kurt Russell, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Sylvester Stallone, Charlotte Church, to name but a few.

Barbara Davis had also told Michael Jackson "Ricky wants to meet you." At the end of the event, Michael appeared on stage and congratulated Ricky Martin on his live performance before taking the applause from the crowd.

Saturday October 28th, Michael Jackson attended the Carousel of Hope, a bi-yearly charity event in aid of childhood diabetes research.

The evening was hosted by Jay Leno and included an impressive list of famous guests; Sydney Poitier, Gregory Peck, Dustin Hoffman, Toni Braxton, Morgan Freeman, Ricky Martin and Warren Beaty, to name but a few.

Michael Jackson attended the gala with Elizabeth Taylor. The King of Pop appeared on stage during the evening, and congratulated Ricky Martin on his live performance.

The Carousel of Hope took place at Beverly Hills' Beverly Hilton Hotel. More than 50 stars, including Michael Jackson, contributed to the charity by donating self-designed painted plates which were auctioned during the evening.

2008 - Michael and his children do some shopping at Lladro in Los Angeles, Ca.

2009 - Michael Jackson's This Is It, documentary–concert film directed by Kenny Ortega was released, giving a limited two-week theatrical run until November 12, but theatrical release was later extended due to huge demand.

At the 34th annual Awards Gala of T.J. Martell Foundation, held at the Hilton New York Hotel, Michael Jackson is honored the first-ever Lifetime Legend Award, for being the single largest donor in the T.J. Martell Foundation’s 34-year history. Other honorees include: Humanitarian Award to Jon Luther, Spirit of Excellence Award to John Esposito and Lifetime Artistic Achievement Award to Bruce Lundvall.
      The celebratory evening was of fund-raising, to support research for cures and treatments for leukemia, cancer and AIDS. The T.J. Martell Foundation was founded in 1975. T.J. Martell, son of music industry executive Tony Martell of Madison, was a young victim of leukemia, and before his death at 21, he convinced his father to promise he would raise $1 million to fight the disease. Since then, the foundation in T.J. Martell’s name has provided more than $225 million for research.

Kig Ind magazine[Denmark] featured Michael & the kids on the cover with the headline: Jackson - bornene i bilulykke [Jackson - children in car accident].

Ursula K. LeGuin

Frank Zappa

Ellen DeGeneres

Administrator
      I am:
      Meh

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      16 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Blog Entries
      He looks really good in that beige suit!

Immortal
      I am:
      Happy

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      9 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Blog Entries

October 29

1982- Paul McCartney and Michael Jackson release "Girl is Mine".

1984 - The Jacksons perform Victory tour at Fulton County Stadium in Atlanta, Georgia [USA] attending 31,000.

1991 - Michael & Bruce Swedien complete the mixing of the Dangerous album in Los Angeles.

1993 - Michael performs at Azteca Stadium in Mexico City [Mexico].
      100,000 fans packed into Aztec Stadium were unconcerned about the investigation and shouted, "Michael!, Michael!" Michael kept the hysterical crowd on their feet for more than 2 hours.

1996 - Michael performs the second HIStory concert at Merdeka Stadium in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia attending 30,000.

1998 - Michael & Debbie go to the Getty museum in Los Angeles with Prince & Paris.

2001 - Michael Jackson's first studio album in six years, "Invincible" had officially been released [US release date: October 30].

Michael Jackson has been "Bad". He's also been quite "Dangerous". But now, six years after his last studio album, the Gloved One is hoping to prove he's Invincible. The disc executive produced by Jackson with the help of a bevy of hot producers and writers is aimed at planting the superstar back on top after several years of speculation that his career was on the decline.

The absolutely amazing album is available in five different colors [cover] - for a limited time - and features over 77 minutes of new, groundbreaking and truly invincible music! Without a shadow of a doubt the best album of the last six years!!!

"Invincible", the most recent release from Epic Records Group superstar Michael Jackson, had claimed the #1 spot on charts in countries around the world including The U.S., The U.K., Australia, Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, Holland, Hungary, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey.

Featuring tracks like "You Rock My World" (the first single) and "Speechless," Invincible features the hit-making handiwork of producers Rodney Jerkins and Teddy Riley, among others.

2008 - Michael takes Prince, Paris & Blanket to an Halloween party in L.A.

2009 - 8 Days magazine[Singapore] featured Michael on the cover with the headline: Psst, what is it? A tribute to MJ's greatness... his 'two voices', fake noses & when he was hawt

Ursula K. LeGuin

Frank Zappa

Ellen DeGeneres

Immortal
      I am:
      Happy

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      9 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Blog Entries

October 30

1972- In London, the Jackson 5 participated in the "Royal Variety Performance" performing
      I Want You Back, ABC, Rockin Robin, We Thank You and The Love You Save.

Prior to their European tour starting, on 30th October, Michael and his brothers appeared on the bill of the Royal Command Performance, staged at theon Palladium in the presence of HM Queen Elizabeth, The Queen Mother.

1984 - The Jacksons perform Victory tour at Fulton County Stadium in Atlanta, Georgia [USA] attending 30,000.

Michael Jackson's "Thriller" was certified at 20 times Platinum by the RIAA.

1996 - Michael arrives in India to perform a concert on Nov. 01.

The King of Pop, arrived in Mumbai on October 30th. The svelte and sexy actress Sonali Bendre, clad in traditional Maharashtrian(Indian State – Maharashtra) nine yard saree, greeted Michael performing the aarti and applied tilak on his forehead at the airport and he was quite taken up with the entire ceremony.

When he was being driven out of the air port in his 20-car cavalcade, he stopped his Toyota, got rid of his security guards and stepped out to meet the cluster of urchins lined up along the highway to catch a glimpse of him. He picked up several children and hugged and kissed them. He then spent a few minutes with them before he proceeded to the Shiv Sena chief, Bal Thackeray’s residence, Matushree, in Bandra East. Here he was presented with a silver tabla and tanpura, which are musical instruments from India.

He stayed at the Oberoi Hotel, where he charmed staff and left a departing message, “I love you,” scrawled in lipstick on his room mirror. Later that evening, at the special bash organized in his honour by Bharat Shah (Organiser of the concert) at the Oberoi, he made a mere three minute appearance. Apparently, the singer had a late night before and wanted to retire to his room early. The crème de la crème of the Indian Entertainment Industry and Royal Families were there. Most of them of course, were left high and dry except for the actor Anupam Kher perhaps who to the initiative of jumping on the stage and grabbing Michael’s hand with a, ‘Yeah Michael, yeah!’. Shobha De (A Writer) was the next to gain inspiration and she even told the Press later, “Shaking hands with him was like an orgasm!” Bharat Shah presented Michael with a silver replica of the Taj Mahal at the same party.

Michael Jackson watching a traditional Indian play an ethnic instrument. The Indian media myth about Michael being extremely reclusive, does not hold true anymore. During his stay at The Oberoi Hotel, he surprised the entire staff by mingling freely with his fans, who would drop in at the hotel to catch a glimpse of the King of Pop. He would smile and blow kisses to all his fans and shake hands with as many of them as possible.

According to Butler Manager, Sandeep Walia, who was attending to him with a team of three butlers, Michael loves sweet white wine. That is probably the only kind of alcohol that he consumed during his stay at the Oberoi. Apart from that, he loves orange drinks, Fanta being his favorite and a special German orange drink, Gatorade, which he carries with him. Michael drinks a lot of Diet Coke as well, prefers his drinks at room temperature. Jackson has a penchant for chocolates too, so The Oberoi made sure there were chocolates, of all shapes, sizes and flavours kept in every reachable corner of his room.

Michael Jackson likes a lot of festivity around him. The Kohinoor Suite at the Oberoi was decorated with flowers, balloons, confetti and bowls of sweets and chocolates to give it a spirit of celebration. While in his room, Jackson does not like to use the air-conditioner. He also likes his space. His body-guards have been instructed not to come close to him to give him enough space to move around.

Okay this is something that will really please his fans in India. According to one of his security men, India is not his new love. Jackson has always wanted to visit the country and the last time his show got cancelled he was very disappointed and upset.

Guess what Michael had for breakfast? On his first morning here, he ate masala dosa and the day after that, he had spicy alu paranthas with butter. His other meals mainly comprised of butter naans, butter chicken, tandoori chicken and spicy vegetable curries. His personal chef is of Indian origin and she co-ordinated his meals with the other chefs at the hotel. Michael Jackson definitely has a predilection for Indian food but wait till you hear this. According to the hotel staff, he got naans (Enough for an army), tandoori chicken, dishes cooked in butter gravy and lots of paranthas packed, on the morning he was flying out of India.

Jackson asked The Oberoi for an LLD player and a television, as well as a CD player for his personal use. He travels with his own library of CDs and LDs and spends most of the time indoors, watching films.

The world knows he loves kids and there are many in our country who wish, they were kids, because Michael only seemed to have time for them while he was here. At his request, a high tea was organized at the pool side where kids from orphanages were invited to meet and play with him. He gave them gifts and chocolates that he had brought with him. There was a party for kids organized in his room as well, on the day of the show itself. About 50 children were invited and he ordered cakes and burgers for them. He made the kids sit on his lap and played with them. He had asked the hotel to provide him with a few saris which he wanted draped around the sofas during the photo session with the kids, to give his pictures the ethnic effect.

He would pick up his own newspapers from outside the door, which was normally very late in the morning. Michael is a late riser. His meal timings were also odd. He never had his breakfast before 12 noon and dinner before 1.00 pm. When he returned to the hotel lobby after his mind blowing show, he folded his hands in a namaste and blew kisses to all his fans before he got into the elevator. According to the staff, he was as energetic after the show, as he was before it perhaps! The two-hour-15-minute long performance hadn’t fatigued him in the least.

Burkhas were arranged for Michael because he wanted to visit Aasha Daan, Mother Teresa’s ashram in Byculla. But due to an extremely tight schedule he wasn’t able to fulfill his desire.
      Source: clubmj.com

2000 - Michael Jackson's "Thriller" was certified at 26 times Platinum by the RIAA.

Michael Jackson's "Blood On The Dance Floor: History in the Mix" was certified Platinum by the RIAA.

2001 - Michael Jackson's album "Invincible" was released in US and Canada.
      Michael dedicates album "Invincible" (released October 30, 2001) to 15-year-old murdered African-Norwegian, Benjamin Hermansen, advising on the importance of not judging a person by race, but by character.

The album was the Michael’s first in 10 years that featured all new material. Invincible spent two years in production and cost approximately $30 million to make; reportedly the most expensive album ever made. The album featured 16 tracks, 14 of which Michael wrote or co-wrote; “Unbreakable”, “Heartbreaker”, “Invincible”, “Heaven Can Wait”, “You Rock My World”, “Speechless”, “2000 Watts”, “You Are My Life”, “Privacy”, “Don’t Walk Away”, “The Lost Children” and “Threatened”. R. Kelly contributed the anthem track “Cry” and UK duo Floetry contributed the beautiful “Butterflies”. Slash performed a guitar solo on “Privacy” and Santana contributed a guitar performance to “Whatever Happens”. The album featured two posthumous appearances; a rap performance by Notorious B.I.G on “Unbreakable” and samples of Rod Sterling’s voice on “Threatened”. Brandy contributed additional vocals to “Unbreakable”. Michael brought in Rodney Jerkins of Darkchild to produce and write on six of the tracks. Again, Michael produced the entire project himself and played many of the musical instruments. The album was initially released with cover art that came in five limited edition colours. Invincible went to number 1 in 13 countries including the US, UK and Australia. The album showed incredible first week sales in the US, selling over 300,000 copies. Invincible sold a massive 5.4 million copies in just two months of its release.

2003 - Halloween Interview with Rick Dees.

Michael Jackson got up early (no easy job for Michael who readily admits to being nocturnal) to talk with Los Angeles disk jockey, Rick Dees. Michael talks about his plans for Halloween trick or treating with Prince, Paris, and Blanket and his favorite candy, among other things.
      Michael Jackson: Still doing meetings and things. I’m not back in California yet, I’ll be there soon.

Rick Dees: Good, good deal. So you obviously don’t get up at seven twenty in the morning do you?

Michael Jackson: No [laughs] I usually work all night. I usually go to bed this time.

Rick Dees: Mike You’re a night person. Last time I saw you had stayed up all night and written about four different songs.

Michael Jackson: Yeah, I’m very nocturnal.

Rick Dees: Yeah, you’re a very nocturnal guy (laughter). This is your day coming up I mean If it’s not Halloween for Michael Jackson then it’s not for anybody.

Michael Jackson: [laughs] Right

Rick Dees: Are you going to go out and trick or treat?

Michael Jackson: Yes, I’m going trick or treating. Taking my children.

Rick Dees: Do they have costumes?

Michael Jackson: Yes.

Rick Dees: What are they? We’ve got Prince and Paris and Tito?

Michael Jackson: Prince, Paris, and Blanket. Prince wants to be the black panther. And Paris, who is the girl, she’s a tomboy. She wants to be spiderman. And the little one wants to be spiderman too. And I’m going to be a ghost.

Rick Dees: Oh yeah!

Michael Jackson: [laughs]

Rick Dees: This ghost. Listen if you get a chance, I mean you’re in the neighborhood, I have these huge beautiful candy apples and the long, huge, candy bars - the ones that no one gives out, the movie size candy bars like you serve at your place there, so come on in..I’d love to throw down a little something for Prince and Paris and the Ghost.

Michael Jackson: Oh, they would love it!

Rick Dees: Do you have a favorite chocolate, Michael?

Michael Jackson: I like.. uhm ... believe it or not, milk chocolate.

Rick Dees: You said milk chocolate?

Michael Jackson: Yes [laughs].

Rick Dees: I love milk chocolate

Michael Jackson: Me too [laughs].

Rick Dees: You know what I did this week Michael? I um, I have to confess - these kids came by here and sold 1,000 dollars worth of chocolate to the radio station.

Michael Jackson: Wow.

Rick Dees: I said I was donating it to charity. I did all except for 30 candy bars - I’ve been eating chocolate for thirty days. Every morning. I’ve got this thing about milk chocolate.

Michael Jackson: You ate the candy? [laughs]

Rick Dees: I ate the candy!

Michael Jackson: I’m sorry [still laughing...]

Rick Dees: Last time I was at your place I was got so hungry and this chef goes in here and I could smell this wonderful vegetarian pizza all afternoon and - there’s candy everywhere at Neverland. There’s candy everywhere in your home. I love that. I just love that. When you walk into Michael Jackson’s place it’s fresh candy and there’s the fragrance in his home - it's a cross between chocolate and vanilla and there’s a kind of buttery smell and fragrance - I could definitely hang out

Michael Jackson: Well you’re welcome anytime.

Rick Dees: Thanks! Thank you so much.

Michael Jackson: You’re always welcome.

Rick Dees: Did you have breakfast yet?

Michael Jackson: Pardon? [Laughter]

Rick Dees: What’s that? He doesn’t know what that is?
      Listen Michael, we have this bet going on and you can certainly tell me 'No'. I’m going to end up playing 'Thriller' a tremendous number of times between now and this time tomorrow. And of course, your world premiere. People are calling for this song over over and over - ’What More Can I Give?'

Michael Jackson: Oh, God Bless them. It’s for the children. It’s so important.

Rick Dees: I’m trying to get something for the kids. Is there anyway you can say, "Hey what’s up. It’s Michael Jackson with Rick Dees as my Halloween gift to you. Here’s Thriller". Obviously, I’m going to warn you in advance, I’m going to tape it if you will say that.

Michael Jackson: Okay, I’ll do it for you.

Rick Dees: Okay, here we go. Use your own words if you want but with good energy like you’re on the Mike Douglas show for the first time.

Okay, 3 - 2 - 1

Michael Jackson: Hi, this is Michael Jackson with Rick Dees, Halloween. This is Thriller - enjoy it.

Rick Dees: Good, now just say 2003 Halloween.

Michael Jackson: Okay, 2003 Halloween with Rick Dees.

Rick Dees: Awwww! [claps] That’s like heaven. Okay. That one lost the bet. I was saying you probably might not do it.
      Let’s go back to the song for just a second. It’s been some time putting together. And did it come to you at once or was it something you were working on with the tune and everything for a period of time?

Michael Jackson: No, it just came at once. Uhm, art of songwriting is a totally different art. It really is. It really is a gift from God. It really is. I feel guilty putting my name on it. It falls into my lap. It’s a gift from Heaven. It really is.

Rick Dees: It’s just a gift, isn’t it?

Michael Jackson: It really is.
      Source: MJFC
      2008 - Michael takes Prince, Paris & Blanket to Borders Bool bookstore in Westwood, Los Angeles, Ca.

Michael's spokesperson, Dr. Tohme, in response to recent rumors regarding Michael's participation in a Jackson 5 reunion, has issued the following statement from Michael Jackson:

"My brothers and sisters have my full love and support, and we've certainly shared many great experiences, but at this time I have no plans to record or tour with them. I am now in the studio developing new and exciting projects that I look forward to sharing with my fans in concert soon."
      Ursula K. LeGuin

Frank Zappa

Ellen DeGeneres

Immortal
      I am:
      Happy

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      9 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Blog Entries

October 31

- Michael attends his friend Jane Fonda’s fundraiser Halloween Disco Party at The Hollywood Palace.

1987 - Hitkrant magazine [Netherlands] featured Michael on their cover.

Michael Jackson's single BAD hit #1 in the U.S. for a second consecutive week.

The Way You Make Me Feel
      , promoted with a nine minutes short film directed by Joe Pytka, co-starred Tatiana Thumbtzen, and featured a cameo appearance by Michael’s sister, La Toya, premiered on 31st October 1987.
      Extended 25 minute version also made – exclusively screened by Michael at his Neverland home.

The video begins with a girl walking down streets alone, with a clip being intercut that shows MJ talking with other people. Shortly after MJ walks out of an alley and stands in front of the girl while she's walking down the street, although she ignores him and keeps walking. He gets her attention by shouting, and then begins singing "The Way You Make Me Feel" to her while also dancing. Uninterested, she walks away. He follows her, having been cheered on by his friends to pursue her. Another dance routine begins, involving the males friends, which leads to MJ pursing the girl throughout the neighborhood. The video ends with MJ eventually winning the girl over, and embraces her, while a fire hydrant is spraying out water. MJ's love interest was played by Tatiana Thumbtzen, and the videoclip also features an appearance by his sister La Toya as one of Thumbtzen's friends.

1992 - Hitkrant magazine[Netherlands] featured Michael with Slash on their cover with the headline: Slash & Michael - Wat Niemand Voor Mogelijk Hield [Michael & Slash - What No one Thought Possible]

1993 - Michael performs at Azteca Stadium in Mexico City [Mexico] attending 100,000.

Michael’s grandfather, Samuel Jackson dies at the age of 90.

1995 - Michael perform Dangerous & You Are Not Alone at the Soul Train 25th Anniversary Hall Of Fame show (aired on 22nd November).

The short film Ghosts is premiered in 11 selected Sony cinemas.

2000 - Further news on Michael's planned movie "The Nightmare Of Edgar Allen Poe" was revealed. Gary Pudney to "The Columbus Dispatch": "Michael Jackson will move to Montreal with his two children in early 2001 to prepare for the shooting of his long-planned movie."

Production is to begin in March and Michael will act in the leading role and also will be executive producer, with Gary Pudney and Jim Green.

Gary Pudney told columnist Marilyn Beck: "Michael's not going to look exactly like Poe, but you won't be able to tell the difference between them 10 minutes into the picture, it's going to be absolutely spectacular, full of gruesome goodies - and concluding with all the ghosts Poe wrote about coming back to haunt him at the end of his life. We'll also be hiring six to eight other incredible actors to help bring Michael up to snuff, he'll have an acting coach prior to production and during shooting."

Michael is currently writing the theme song, which he will sing. Gary Pudney: "He wants to concentrate on films, we're already planning on more Poe films, and there are one or two other pictures we are also talking about doing. Michael is wired into the hierarchy of Hollywood - people like Marlon Brando and Elizabeth Taylor, with whom he wants to work - and vice versa."

The exciting news about Michael's plans to play Edgar Allen Poe was revealed for the first time in an interview with "TV GUIDE" magazine dated December 4 - 10, 1999.

2007 - Access Hollywood airs a preview of Michael's photoshoot for Ebony magazine.

Michael & the kids celebrates Halloween at the Cascio family house in Franklin Lakes, New Jersey.

2008 - Michael goes trick-or-treating with his kids to an Halloween party at Natalie Maines'house (the singer from the Dixie Chicks) They were invited by Veronique Peck and stop by a KFC DriveThru in Brentwood in Los Angeles, Ca.

Ursula K. LeGuin

Frank Zappa

Ellen DeGeneres

Immortal
      I am:
      Happy

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      9 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Blog Entries

November 1

1979 - The Jacksons perform Destiny tour in Kalamazoo, Michigan.

1996 - Michael performs HIStory tour at Andheri Sports Complex in Mumbai, India attending 70,000 fans.

His appearance in the evening at the Andheri Sports Complex lived up to expectations. The special effects were truly awesome and as for Michael, he can deservedly be called the best performer in the world. For those present at the show, it was an out of body experience!

For his show Michael flew in all his equipment in three Russian Antanov cargo planes. The stage was 60 ft. deep and 210 ft. wide and he had three teams to work on it – an assembling team, a dismantling team and a standby team as well. That’s what they call perfect organization. It took at least 24 hours to erect the whole structure and prepare it for the show and less than six hours to bring it down. The green room was beneath the stage and had four divisions – The meditation room, the rest room, the photography room and the VIP guest room. The rest room was ornately done in true Indian tradition, with regal décor befitting the King (read Maharaja) of Pop. This room had 20 air-conditioners installed and was christened the Air-Conditioned Marquee. Michael uses the photography room for photography sessions. The fortunate few who were allowed to accompany him under the stage, were his bodyguards, his tour manager and his wardrobe manager.

Crowds in India at Airport to Welcome Michael Jackson. The tank that was used on the stage as a prop in “The Earth Song” was made of blocks of plywood, though it appeared as authentic as a battle tank. The other props, such as the dilapidated buildings and the shuttle Michael used to make a grand entrance in, was also made of collapsible material that could easily be dismantled. She show had its own tender moments, when it left everyone present in tears. And that included Michael who was moved to tears at the overwhelming response he received from the Indian audience for the first time. “This has been the best show of the HIStory tour” he later admitted.

A special route was chalked out for Michael to drive into the Andheri Stadium with his entourage. And it was only at 8.30 pm that he actually reached the stadium.

Journalist and theatre promoter Suman Bhuchar, who had travelled from London for the concert, said: “I had gone for (British Asian artist) Bally Sagoo who was the warm-up act for Michael Jackson. It was a great evening. I remember him emerging out of the darkness in his silver space suit. I have kept the brochure from that concert.”

Jackson donates most of the proceeds from the HIStory concert in Bombay, India to the poor. Michael Jackson flew to India in a private jet. Sabbas Joseph, director of Wizcraft, the event management agency that had the airport shut down on his arrival recalls 14 years later:“Michael met the CM and Raj Thackeray. This was followed by an aarti by Sonali Bendre. As he was walking out, a strange incident occurred. A child fell down and Jackson immediately glided over and picked him up. He held him and hugged him with such care like he was the child’s mother.”, recounts Sabbas. “The (1993) allegations seemed all wrong. Michael even shot with 100 children in India for a calendar that he was producing”, he continues. On his way from the airport, he stopped the car several times to dance with the poor. Sabbas adds that Jackson was even willing to postpone his visit for a day or two in India to meet Mother Teresa. But that didn’t work out. Viraf Sarkari, co-director at Wizcraft, recalls that all the celebrities and industrialists wanted to meet him. “We arranged meet-and-greet sessions with him. Michael kept all his commitments. He was a gentle person and met everyone respectfully.” Sabbas echoes the sentiment that Jackson was the easiest international artiste to work with, as he was very humble and the staff very professional. Both directors acknowledge that Jackson had a great spiritual connect with India. Viraf says,
      “We first met him in Los Angeles to confirm the concert. We were told he is very keen on performing in India. We’d presented him with a Ganesha, a Nataraj and a sherwani. And without requiring any explanation, he said, “Yes, that’s Ganesha, the god of luck.”
      Even when Bal Thackeray presented a silver statue of Nataraj to Jackson, the star didn’t need the politician’s explanation and said,
      “Yes, I know, that’s the god of dance and art.” He also visits and endows a children’s home and a school for visually-impaired ones in Bangkok, Thailand with 100,000 dollars, toys and the like in November, 1996.

On January 25, 1997, the musician waves 85% of the $5 to $6 million ticket receipts from a concert held on November 1, 1996 in Bombay, India, and donates 1,1 million dollars to a local NGO educating children dwelling in slums - ”Shiv Udyog Sena” - the sum also helping to create jobs for 270,000 young unemployed people in the state of Maharashtra, Bombay; on arriving in Bombay, the singer asks to stop in order to converse with children playing in the crowded slums for 20 minutes, according to Indian journalist, Hema Shukla.

before leaving Bombay, India, where he stays during his HIStory Tour there, Jackson leaves the following handwritten note on a pillow from his hotel room:
      "India, all my life I have longed to see your face. I met you and your people and fell in love with you. Now my heart is filled with sorrow and despair, for I have to leave you, but I promise I shall return to love you and caress you again. Your kindness has overwhelmed me, your spiritual awareness has overtaken and moved me, and your children have truly touched my heart. They are the face of God. I truly love and adore you, India. Forever. Continue to love, clean, and educate the children. The future shines in them. You are my special love, India. May God always bless you. Michael Jackson".
      2001 - ABC aired the edited version of the 11-hour "United We Stand - What More Can I Give"concert. Michael Jackson was shown performing his song "Man in the Mirror" and introducing other acts.
      Ursula K. LeGuin

Frank Zappa

Ellen DeGeneres

Immortal
      I am:
      Sad

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      24 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Blog Entries
      November 2

1972 - The Jackson 5 on their first European tour in Amsterdam, Holland

1995 – Michael Jackson receives the Diamond of Africa award from Ghana’s President, Jerry Rawlings during a dinner at the Hotel Hilton in Beverly Hills, California.

The evening's highlight was the appearance of pop legend Michael Jackson who postponed a trip to Europe to make certain he was at the event. "I'm supposed to be in Germany, but I postponed it to be here," Michael told the President and First Lady. "I was advised of your presence and I found out about your mission to rebuild Africa. I couldn't resist. I love Africa... You are not alone."

Michael present the first couple with two elegantly decorated swords on behalf of Saudi Arabian Prince Al-Waleed bin Talal. According to the dinner's organizer, Dr. Khalid Abdullah Tariq AlMansour, the swords were designed "to cut out devision, insecurity, hypocrisy and negativism. Rise and Unite! Africa is back."

President Rawlings said of Michael to the sellout, black-tie crowd: "I never thought I'd have the honor and privilege of meeting the genius in person. To meet him on a day like this is an honor. What impressed me most is that he's a man of heart."

The President and first lady expressed their gratitude to Michael by presenting him with the elegant Diamond of Africa, To a Favorite Son of Africa Michael Jackson, offered by "That's What Friends Are For Committee". On accepting the honor, Michael acknowledges a few children that joined him on stage, among whom cancer-stricken ones.

- Jackson is presented with the 2002 "World Arts Award" in Vienna, Austria, for global peace and tolerance efforts. The award recognizes individuals for achievements in a variety of areas such as acting, arts, business, media, health etc. The singer accepts the award via a video message.

1979 - The Jacksons perform Destiny tour in Chicago, Illinois.

- The Jacksons perform Victory tour at Orange Bowl in Miami, Florida, USA attending 68,000 fans.

The following acceptance speech for the 'World Arts Award 2002' he wins that year, on occasion of the first World Awards event held in Vienna, Austria, the singer conveying his empathy with the event’s values of peace and tolerance, as well as those of love and unity for an improved planet. "Dear guest of honor. Dear Mr. Gorbachev. It is a great honor for me to be selected by Mr. Gorbachev and the jury to receive the 'World Arts Award 2002'. This year the motto of the World Awards is 'Peace and Tolerance'. These values are especially dear to me. In my own heart and mind I stand united with you for peace, love and tolerance in the world. I have to thank Mr. Günther Stampf, Mr. Georg Kindel and I thank President Mikhail Gorbachev. I love you very much. Thank you so much. Thank you.", Jackson says in the speech.

Immortal
      I am:
      Happy

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      9 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Blog Entries

November 3

1972 - The Jackson 5 on their first European tour in Brussels, Belgium

– The Jackson 5ive performed Dancing Machine, Get it Together and Don't Say Good Bye Again, as well as answering the audience questions. Joe Jackson talked through a home movie of a party at their home family, Michael performed With a Child's Heart.

1974- The Jackson 5 perform a concert in Oakland, California

1979 - The Jacksons perform Destiny tour in Cleveland, Ohio

1984 - The Jacksons perform Victory tour at Orange Bowl in Miami, Florida, USA attending 66,000

1991 - TV Guide featured Michael on their cover with the story The Making Of Michael Jackson's New Video

Michael begins filming the video of Remember The Time in Los Angeles directed by John Singleton and featuring Eddie Murphy, Iman & Magic Johnson.

2005 - Michael Jackson attends Rosa Parks' funeral service in Detroit, Michigan. The megastar assists a 7-hour long long ceremony, seated between Park's relatives. Tens of politicians, businessmen, religious leaders and people of the show business are present to pay their respects to the woman having made the fights for the civil rights in America possible. Among the famous guests were Reverend Jesse Jackson, former president, Bill Clinton, then president George W. Bush and singer Aretha Franklin. Rosa Parks died on October 24, 2005, at the age of 92, notably famous for refusing to leave her seat on a bus to a white man, in 1955, Montgomery city. Her arrest caused the protest against the racial discriminations led by Martin Luther King Jr.
      Ursula K. LeGuin

Frank Zappa

Ellen DeGeneres

Immortal
      I am:
      Happy

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      9 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Blog Entries

November 4

1971 - The first of two appearances of the Jackson 5 on the Flip Wilson Show was broadcast. They performed a medley of hits I Want You Back / ABC / The Love You Save/ Never Can Say Goodbye

- The Jackson Five appeared on "Soul Train." performing
      That's How Love Goes, I Want You Back, Corner Of The Sky, Daddy's Home, Lookin' Through The Windows

The Jackson 5 on their first European tour in Munich, Germany.

1977 - Michael attends Andre McArdle's birthday party.

1979 - The Jacksons perform Destiny tour in Detroit, Michigan

1995 - Michael Jackson premiered his single "Earth Song" on the German game show "Wetten Dass?".

1996 - Stranger In Moscow was released as the fifth and final single from Michael's albumHIStory.

Michael Jackson announced that he and a friend, Debbie Rowe, were expecting a child, but he denied that the couple had used artificial insemination and that Rowe had been paid to carry the baby.

News broke that Debbie Rowe is carrying Michael's first child. [Liz Smith reported in her column in the San Francisco Chronicle as follows: "Congratulations and good luck to Michael Jackson and Debbie Rowe, the woman who is reported to be carrying his first child."]

1999 - The Court of Appeals of Milan has rejected the appeal of Italian songwriter Albano Carrisi, and confirmed the lower court's judgment in favor of Michael Jackson and Sony Music, in a lawsuit involving Jackson's hit song "Will You Be There." Al Bano claimed that Jackson copied his song "I cigni di Balaka" (The Swans of Balaka). In November of 1997, the Tribunal of Milan ruled that there was no plagiarism, and Al Bano appealed.

2001 - HITS magazine featured Michael on their cover.

2004 - Jackson issues a message gratitude to his fans on his official website, for their support throughout the attempts of defamation made against him by means of the child abuse charges from December, 2003. The message states: “To my loyal fans and supporters, I would like to sincerely thank all those who have spoken out and taken action against the most recent attempt to defame me as a person and an entertainer. My team has told me of the thousands of calls that have been made and the thousands of emails that have been sent by you, on my behalf. I am so grateful and inspired by you all. To my fans in the UK, I want to you to know how touched I was to hear about the demonstration in London that took place on October 31st and the thousands of people that attended. I am so overwhelmed by these beautiful expressions of love from my fans. Thank you. Recently, I have been informed that there is an event being planned for me, by the fans, to take place in New York very soon. I wanted take this opportunity to thank these fans from the bottom of my heart for your love and support. As always, I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH AND THANK YOU FOR NOT BEING AFRAID TO SPEAK OUT. God Bless, Michael Jackson”.
      Ursula K. LeGuin

Frank Zappa

Ellen DeGeneres

Immortal
      I am:
      Happy

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      9 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Blog Entries

November 5

1972 - The Jackson 5's second TV special was aired in the States.

The date was November 5, 1972, and suddenly the J5 were big as life on the TV screen right in your living room! Here, appropriately "labeled", the boys discuss a deal with Ted Ziegler.

Michael sang Ben and joined his brothers for I Want You Back, ABC, I’ll Be There, The Love You Save andNever Can Say Goodbye
      Wow! That super screen behind Michael's head is really Johnny Brown. The J5 looked into this screen and were able to see their daydreams projected! (and you were, too, as they acted them out.)

This daydream sequence turned your favs into a bunch of elves. And they're off to save a damsel in distress, played by Jo Anne Worley.
      The Jackson 5 also performed a skit featuring an unreleased song, Daydreamer, and closed the first half of the show with We’re Coming Back, using the riff from I Want You Back to good effect.

The special introduces a totally new visual technique that combines live action with animation as J5 order a world of daydreams.
      ^ Michael was left holding the basket quite literally, as "Shorty" strolls away. Dig the many muscles on Mike's beautiful bod!

Don't the guys wear some boss clothing during these way-out 30 minutes? Here, the spotlight is on Mike and Jermaine, those dandy dudes.

The Jackson 5 on their first European tour in Frankfurt, Germany.

1979 - The Jacksons perform Destiny tour in Detroit, Michigan.

1981 - Michael is on the cover of Jet Magazine in which he is voted Most Popular Male Entertainer.

When Michael Jackson recently concluded a 40-city tour as the angelic-voiced lead singer of the world famous vocal quintet of Jackson brothers, he promptly proceeded to his next project-to co-produce an album with Quincy Jones, the Svengali songmaster who produced Michael's best-selling album, Off The Wall.

It was the impact of this triple platinum album and JET readers opinion poll that influenced the editors to name Michael "Most Popular Male Entertainer."
      Being the "best" or "most" is nothing new to the fifth of six talented sons of Joseph and Katherine Jackson. Born 23 years ago in Gary, Ind., under the sign of Virgo, whose trait is unselfishness, the handsome singer's onstage magnetism and magic are mesmerized only by his offstage majesty and meekheartedness. He got started being the best at age 13 when his first solo album, Got To Be There, become a best-seller and he was named "Male Vocalist Of The Year."

Of all his honors, his Off The Wallalbum set new precedents in the record industry. It sold more than 5 million copies in the US and Michael become the first solo recording artist in history to place four singles (Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough, Rock With You, Off The Wall and She's Out Of My Life) from the same album in the top 10 of the nation's leading record charts.
      In UK it is the first time in UK that five singles have been released from the same album.
      With that kind of solid success, Michael merits the "most."

1991 - Michael Jackson's single "Black Or White" was released.

1993 - Michael Jackson's video "Dangerous: The Short Films" was released.

Michael attends a children’s festivity at "Hard Rock Cafe" in Mexico City, dedicated to the homeless ones from the "Tere Alarcon" orphanage.

1994 - Laurent Hopman visits Michael at the Hit Factory Studio in New York and gets to listen to 3 songs from the new album!

1995 - Michael graced the popular German Game show Wetten Dass? (Wanna Bet?) with his live appearance.

In addition to his immaculate Dangerous routine, executed with the same precision and finesse as at the MTV Music Video Awards in
      September
      , Michael also performed Earth Song in public for the first time, a real coup for Wetten Dass?
      Backstage, he meets Laurent Hopman and Anton Schleiter, son of son of Hamburg-based Sony music exec Wolfgang Schleiter.

The TV special attracted 18 million viewers, became the biggest TV event throughout Europe breaking viewership records in Germany and another 25 million throughout the rest of Europe tuning in to watch Michael's guest spot. Far and away the highest German TV audience of 1995 it's THE event of the year 1995 in Europe.

1996 - Ghosts received its U.S. première. The film also premièred in selected Sony Movie Theatres in various other European cities and in Tokyo, Japan - very successfully.

2001 - Michael Jackson's Invincible is at #1 on the Australian ARIA Albums Chart.

2005 - Michael & the kids are back in Dubai where they stay at the One and Only Royal Mirage.

2009 - The MTV Europe Music Awards pay tribute to MJ live from Germany.

The Thriller demos leak on the Internet.
      Ursula K. LeGuin

Frank Zappa

Ellen DeGeneres

Immortal
      I am:
      Sad

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      24 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Blog Entries
      November 6

1971 - Michael Jackson's first solo single "Got To Be There" was released.

- The Jackson 5 on their first European tour in Paris, France at the Olympia.

On November 6, 1972, the Jackson 5 give their first concert in France at the Olympia, the legendary Parisian venue, on the occasion of the 8 gigs of their European tour (Holland, Germany and England).

The concert program is as follows: I Want You Back, Mama's Pearl, I'll Be There, Goin 'Back To Indiana Lookin' Through The Windows, Ben, Walk On By, and The Love You Save.

The Jackson Five are huge stars in the United States. And San Francisco, where they played this summer, Emmanuel Choisnel could not enter: the 30 000 seats were leased! This success, the Jackson Five are still far from known in France and it is natural insofar as they represent a "product" primarily for the U.S. market. Nevertheless, the Olympia was full that night, the "beautiful people" - African-Caribbean and was there to meet you.

The "Jackson Five Show" opened on a British R & B, the Orange Rainbow whose style is achieved by the successful recovery of Sly & the Family Stone, Isaac Hayes, etc.. With poor singers and honest musicians, the group broke even when the teeth on "Shaft".

The rainbow sky orange was also tasked to accompany the Sisters Love who just signed in after recording for Tamla Man Child and A & M. This group originally composed of former Raelets (which now includes Lillie Merry Clayton Ford, Jeannie Long, Gwen Berry and Vermettya Royster.

After settling in the dark to the cheers of an audience already conquered, the Jackson Five appeared radiant, all dressed in elegant costumes with bright colors. Tito and his guitar on the left, Jermaine and his bass right, framing Marlon, Jackie and Michael. The rest of the orchestra consisted of a drummer (Johnny) and a pianist organist (Randy), cousins! One has the sense of family or you do not.

On stage, each brother gives himself up to the passionate soul

The show of D5 like the stars of GNI is set to perfection: perfect introduction, amazing choreography, microphones juggling, jokes studied. We now have some experience with James Brown and Ike & Tina. What surprises here is to find such security, such a trade in boys as young, who three years ago were very nicely at school.

During the time that their service will last we will see a big festival both musically and visually. Of course, this phenomenon is the star of Michael, a true showman who for thirteen years already has all the ropes and sing with great enthusiasm and success that became ABC, I'll Be There, Goin 'Back To Indiana Lookin 'Through The Windows, Rockin' Robin. Jermaine, bassist, will prove an excellent singer with a mature and soulful voice. The other brothers have a less brilliant but still important, as J5 are primarily a group: the choruses are very important, and the game set the stage as a ballet.

While in Paris,
      the group visits the Eiffel Tower &
      makes some shopping with Bill Bray.

Musically, the Jackson 5 add nothing new. These are not the few exceptions to the rule (Lookin 'Through The Windows) or the tricks of guitar wah-wah that we should abuse: their music is connected with that the vocal groups of the 50s (doo doo whap whap) as the 5 Satins, Platters, Charms, etc. Robins. And it's not an insult to Diana Ross that protected to say. On the contrary.

Note that the group has added a new member in the small person of Randy Jackson, age 9, who types with a great conviction on his bongos. Six Jackson then!

We must pause a moment on the "phenomenon Jackson Five. How this family group he could in two or three years to acquire such popularity? The talent is not everything. I think a lot more than it answers a need to ensure the American public. If you asked a computer after a serious market research, what this audience wanted, he would probably answer: a group sympathetic, even endearing (children or adolescents), not in protest for two spectacular if possible. Only remained, the group found that the sponsorship by an established heading and propel it to great fanfare.

Luck would have it, politicians were talented, or we could very well have a black version of the Monkees...
      Translated from Jackson5abc.com

- Michael Jackson's single "Cry" was premiered on radio stations in the U.S

Super Moderator
      I am:
      Drunk

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      3 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Blog Entries
      November 7th 2011 - Michael Jackson's JUSTICE, not REVENGE, was served.

And It was a good day....

My siggy was made by the amazing 'Lolcasanova'

Immortal
      I am:
      Happy

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      9 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Blog Entries

November 7

- The Jacksons perform Destiny tour in Baltimore, Maryland

1993 - Michael performs at Azteca Stadium in Mexico City [Mexico] attending 100,000.

1995 - Sony released a statement that the company had entered into a joint agreement with Michael Jackson that would merge Jackson's ATV publishing copyrights with Sony's.

2001 - Michael Jackson attended a special record signing at the Virgin Megastore in Times Square, New York.

When Michael Jackson comes to town, everything shuts down.

Frantic, screaming fans filled the streets and stopped traffic in the middle of Times Square when Jackson made what his record company called his first-ever in-store appearance, proving he still has luster on his crown.

Emerging in front of the Virgin Megastore on a small stage covered with red carpet, Jackson, clad in a blue silk shirt and matching pants, bopped to the sounds of his single "You Rock My World" and threw kisses to the crowd for about a minute before he went back inside the store to sign autographs and promote his new album, Invincible.

"Michael! Michael! Michael!"
      throngs of fans chanted in the hopes he would come back outside. Instead the police told the crowd to keep it moving.

"I lost my mind," said 17-year-old Sydney Torrence of Harlem, who was still basking in making eye contact with the reclusive superstar. "Michael Jackson communicated with us!"

"He's the greatest of all time, you don't even have to ask the question," said her friend Shari Griffith, 17, of the Bronx. "He's just an innovator. Who could make up words like 'cha'mon'?"

Jackson's Invincible, which was released on October 30, will debut at #1 on next week's Billboard 200 according to SoundScan data released on Wednesday (November 7. Both young women agreed the album deserves to top the chart.

"He's got Biggie on the album, he's got Jay-Z on the ['You Rock My World'] remix," Torrence said."He doesn't just sing about love. He sings about war, he sings about everything. He's hot."

"It's real weird to see a new generation accepting Mike," said Rodney Jerkins, one of Invincible's producers. Jerkins, who was in a nearby studio working on the next Brandy album, showed up unannounced at the event after seeing a live on-site interview with Jackson on "TRL."

"That was the mission for all of us [while making the album]: 'How do we get younger kids?' "Jerkins said. "Standing out here, I can tell the kids love him. It's all in the music. Mike's an entertainer. He's gonna show you what he can do, but the music has to catch the kids' ears. It's a blessing to be part of this. It's history."

Michael Jackson granted an exclusive interview to the TV show "Entertainment Tonight." The show was aired on November 12 and 13 as a two-part special.
      Ursula K. LeGuin

Frank Zappa

Ellen DeGeneres

Immortal
      I am:
      Happy

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      9 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Blog Entries

November 8

1979- The Jacksons perform Destiny tour in Uniondale, New York

1982 - Remixing of the THRILLER album was concluded on – the last thing to be recorded for the original album sessions were the overdubs for Beat It.
      Early track listing, which included four songs that failed to make the final cut,
      was:
      Wanna Be Startin’ Somethin’/Hot Street/The Girl Is Mine/Thriller/Billie Jean/
      She’s Trouble/Nightline/Carousel/The Lady In My Life (full length version)

2001 - Mega event at New York's Tme Square:
      Thousands of Jackson fans gathered in the streets surrounding the Virgin Megastore, where the King of Pop emerged on a small stage covered with red carpet. After greeting the crowd, Jackson signed autographs within the store for a select few, as he promotes current album and worldwide chart-topper "Invincible"

It’s a great honour,’ he said, speaking at his first in-store record signing at the Virgin Megastore in New York’s Times Square. ‘I’m very happy. We worked very hard on it, and I’m blessed that the fans accepted it the way they did . . .every time there’s a no.1 album, or song, it’s as if this is the first one.’
      Ursula K. LeGuin

Frank Zappa

Ellen DeGeneres

Immortal
      I am:
      Sad

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      24 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Blog Entries
      November 9

1972 - The Jackson 5 perform two shows on their first European tour in Birmingham, England.

First UK dates unable to take place any earlier, thanks to stringent British laws are child performers: special dispensation would have been required for young Michael to appear on stage or TV after 8.00pm (unless the given TV appearance was pre-recorded).
      'We shall continue trying to bring the Jacksons over,' said a Motown spokesman in 1971, 'but frankly we are not very optimistic. The British laws are far too complicated and restrictive.'

1979 - The Jacksons perform Destiny tour in Richmond, Virginia

1984 - The Jacksons perform Victory tour at Astrodome in Houston, Texas, USA attending 40,000.

1988 - Michael performs Bad tour at Irvine Meadows Amphitheater in Irvine, US.

1996 - Michael perform HIStory concert at Ericsson Stadium in Auckland, New Zealand attending 46,000 fans.

November 10

1972 - The Jackson 5 perform on their first European tour in Manchester, England.

1979 - The Jacksons perform Destiny tour in Hampton, Virginia

1984 - The Jacksons perform Victory tour at Astrodome in Houston, Texas, USA attending 40,000.

2001 - TV Guide Magazine Interview

On some of his best friends:
      "Elizabeth [Taylor], [Marlon] Brando, Gregory Peck, these are very close friend of mine. Either they’re much older than me or much younger. I’ve never had real contact with a person my age level. I think this happened because all my life I played clubs, since I was 5 years old. I saw people drunk, fighting, and it was just disgusting. When people say to me today, “Hey, let’s go to a club”, I go, “No way”

On coping with transitioning from child to adult stardom:
      “[…] This is true, and this is not to be taken lightly. People who grew up as child stars have the same thing in common. You’re cute, they love you; you go through the awkward stage, they don’t accept you anymore. Very few make the transition to adult star. And most of them become self-destructive. And it’s very sad. […] [In my case] I think religion entered in”.

On insulting appellations addressed to him by [tabloid] press:
      “But that’s not nice [when people call me Wacko Jacko]. They do that because they’re jealous. I haven’t done anything. I go to hospitals and orphanages. And we take huge bags of toys. I spend thousands of dollars. What’s so wacko about that? […] I did [the] Oprah [show], I did [the] Diane Sawyer [show]. [People] saw me. [The press] is just completely jealous. And it’s just one of those things that I have to deal with. […] I turn it into positive energy [though]. And I write about it; it’s in my movement, it’s in the expression of my face. And it becomes part of me, part of my creation. And I try not to let it get to me. Because if you do, you’ll go crazy.”

On his favorite T.V. show:
      “[…] My favorite show is ‘Malcolm In The Middle’. It reminds me so much of [my brothers and I] when we were little. […] [I relate to] Malcolm. Mainly because he tries to fit into society, and he doesn’t – like E.T. or Bambi, he can’t adjust to other people’s concepts. And I feel like that a lot of times. Once I’m offstage, I feel awkward, like this is not where I’m supposed to be. […]”

On his mission of helping others:
      "I’ve always done that, yes. […] I’ve done it all my career: "Heal The World", "We Are The World"; "Will You Be There", "Man In The Mirror", about the planet, earth songs. […] because that’s where my heart is. I care. My biggest dream is to have a Children’s Day, where children can bond with their parents."

On the source of his affinity for children:
      "[…] I never had a childhood. When they’re in pain, I feel their pain. And when they’re in despair, I feel their despair. I have such concern about the plight and the state of our children today. If there was one day where kids could get with parents and bond, this would make such a difference. […]"

On his children, their education, and fatherhood:
      “[…] [My children go with me] everywhere I go. […] [When they start school,] I’m going to build a computer school on the grounds [of Neverland]. With other children. […] How can they go into society.? He’s Prince Michael Jackson. She’s Paris Katherine Michael Jackson. It would be too difficult.” “I try my hardest [to be a good father]. I try to bring them a lot of fun. Once a year, I dress up like a clown, with the whole gear – the nose, the paint. And I give them candy and cookies. […] And ice cream.”

2008 - Michael Jackson sends a note to fans gathered in front of his rented property at the time, in Los Angeles, California, which reads: "You make me sooo happy, I can feel your energy through the walls. The sky is the limit. Higher consciousness always. [I’m] working hard, as always, [on] music, film, performance. I love you, Michael Jackson"

Last edited by Anka; 11-10-2011 at 11:51 PM.

Immortal
      I am:
      Sad

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      24 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Blog Entries
      November 11

- The Jackson 5 perform two shows on their first European tour in Liverpool, England.

When they played at the Liverpool Empire, the Jackson 5 smashed the previous attendance record – held by the Beatles! The group’s support act for the UK dates was Elton John.

1979 - The Jacksons perform Destiny tour in Fayetteville, North Carolina

1983 - The US$ 5 million endorsement contract was signed on November 11, 1983 between Michael Jackson, The Jacksons and Pepsi-Cola, involving sponsorship of the "Victory" tour and two TV commercials

Michael performed his 5th concert in Mexico to a capacity audience of 100'000. Sadly, this concert would prove to be the last. After the concert, Michael left Mexico with Elizabeth Taylor and Larry Fortensky, stopping off in Canada and Iceland. From there Michael was diverted to Ireland and finally landed at Luton Airport, England. Elizabeth Taylor flew on to Gstaad, Switzerland, and the media hunt for Michael Jackson began.

1996 - Michael perform HIStory concert at the Ericsson Stadium in Auckland, New Zealand attending 46,000 fans.

"Sisterella", the musical stage production of a black version of "Cinderella" which Michael Jackson co-produced, won an incredible 8 NAACP Theatre Awards at the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel. The show was a huge success in the Pasadena Playhouse earlier that year, and is in preparation for New York showings.

Sisterella, a musical by Larry Hart, previewed at the Pasadena Playhouse, Los Angeles in 1996.

Executive Producer Michael Jackson became involved when Larry presented the original music demos to him. Michael acquired the sound track rights and signed Larry to a solo record deal.

Choreographing the production will be Raymond Del Barrio, who plans to combine ballet with modern dance, waltzes, acrobats, moonwalks and other styles to fill the stage. The cast numbers 36, crew and support approximately 65 and 200 people are involved with the manufacturing side.

The Cinderella spin-off takes place in New York in 1912. The curtain opens on the funeral procession of millionaire John Kensington who is survived by his daughter Ella, his second wife, Dahlia and his stepdaughters, Magnolia and Chrysanthemum.

At the reading of the Will we find that the late John Kensington has left his entire fortune to Ella. As one may imagine Dahlia, the stepmother is perhaps a little upset. In an attempt to obtain the inheritance Dahlia plots with her psychiatrist to have Ella committed. Yes there is a fairy godperson, a handsome Prince and something different from the original story, a courtcase.

2001 - figures revealed: as of then, "Invincible" had sold an astonishing 4.4 million copies worldwide - in just 2 weeks!!!

2004 - Michael Jackson phones Geraldo Rivera during a fan rally held in Time Square, New York City, in support of his innocence, and makes a statement for the fans, as well as for Rivera, as follows: “Well, Geraldo, it’s because of my fans that I’m calling you today. I mean, I feel they’re the best fans in the world, and I decided, rather than having anyone else speak for me that I would do it myself. You know?.. And I wanna thank my fans for their strong support over the years… They could’ve been anywhere today, you know, and they chose to be in New York on Time Square. And I wanna thank them from the bottom of my heart. They’ve written thousands and thousands of letters and have made hundreds of calls regarding the [offensive] Eminem video, (for ‘Just Lose It’). And I love them so so much. In London, over four thousand people showed up on my behalf and I wanna thank Reverend Jesse Jackson, Reverend Al Sharpton, Minister Farrakhan, The Source, Steve Harvey, Bob Johnson and BET, Cathy Hughes and Radio One and all the many others who have supported me, you know? And Geraldo, I wanna also thank you for your friendship and.. everything, all the wonderful things you’ve been doing, thank you so so much […] I’m always working on wonderful music and I’ve been working on several albums right now, I’ve been working on music today, I’m working on something as we speak, Geraldo, and I’m in the process of making plans to do some other wonderful things that I’ll be announcing to the fans very very soon. And I look forward to that, Geraldo, you know?.. […] I love my fans, I love – I love you and thank you so much for being there on my behalf and thank you, Geraldo again, thank you so so much.”

Immortal
      I am:
      Happy

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      9 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Blog Entries

November 12

1972 - The Jackson 5 on their first European tour in London, England.

2007 - Michael's issue of Ebony magazine celebrating the 25th Anniversary of Thriller hits the newsstands in the US.

Exclusive: Tha King of Pop Talks, God, Creativity, Fatherhood and Music:

On his creative process for his Thriller album:
      “I was pretty deliberate [about it]. Even though it all came together some kind of way, consciously, it was created in this universe, but once the right chemistry gets in the room, magic has to happen. It has to. It’s like putting certain elements in one hemisphere and it produces this magic in the other. It’s science. And getting in there with some of the great people, it’s just wonderful. […] We would work on a track and then we’d meet at [Quincy Jones’] house, play what we worked on, and he would say, ‘Smelly, let it talk to you.’ I’d go, ‘OK.’ He’d say, ‘If the song needs something, it’ll tell you. Let it talk to you.’ I’ve learned to do that. The key to being a wonderful writer is not to write. You just get out of the way. Leave room for God to walk in the room. And when I write something that I know is right, I get on my knees and say thank you. Thank you, Jehovah! […] I’m always writing. When you know it’s right, sometimes you feel like something’s coming, a gestation, almost like a pregnancy or something. You get emotional, and you start to feel something gestating and, magic, there it is! It’s an explosion of something that’s so beautiful, you go, WOW! There it is. That’s how it works through you. It’s a beautiful thing. It’s a universe of where you can go, with those 12 notes…”

On working with the young generation of artists:
      “Sure. I’ve always been the type where, I don’t care if it’s the mailman or the guy sweeping the floor. If it’s a great song, it’s a great song. Some of the most ingenious ideas come from everyday people, who just go, ‘Why don’t you try this, or do this.’ It’ll be a wonderful idea, so you should just try it. […] I always want to do music that inspires or influences another generation. You want what you create to live, be it sculpture or painting or music. Like Michelangelo, he said, “I know the creator will go, but his work survives. That is why to escape death, I attempt to bind my soul to my work.” And that’s how I feel. I give my all to my work. I want it to just live.”

On whether or not he thinks a great deal of him having affected history:
      “Yeah, I do, I really do. I’m very proud that we opened doors, that it helped tear down a lot. Going around the world, doing tours, in stadiums, you see the influence of the music. When you just look out over the stage, as far as the naked eye could see, you see people. And it’s a wonderful feeling, but it came with a lot of pain, a lot of pain. […] When you’re on top of your game, when you’re a pioneer, people come at you. It’s there, who’s at the top, you want to get at them. But I feel grateful, all those record-breaking things, to the biggest albums, to those No. 1’s, I still feel grateful. […]”

On the kind of music he likes to create:
      “I think, like, the rap thing that is happening now, when it first came out, I always felt that it was gonna take more of a melodic structure to make it more universal, ‘cause not everybody speak (sic) English. And you are limited to your country. But when you can have a melody, and everybody can hum a melody, then that’s when it became France, The Middle East, everywhere! All over the world now, ‘cause they put that melodic, linear thread in there. You have to be able to hum it, from the farmer in Ireland to the lady who scrubs toilets in Harlem to anybody who can whistle to a child poppin’ their fingers. You have to be able to hum it.”

On following then presidential race between Obama and Clinton:
      “To tell you the truth, I don’t follow that stuff. We were raised to not…we don’t look to man to fix the problems of the world, we don’t. They can’t do it. That’s how I see it. It’s beyond us. Look, we don’t have control over the grounds, they can shake. We don’t have control over the seas, they can have tsunamis. We don’t have control over the skies, there are storms. We’re all in God’s hands. I think that man has to take that into consideration. […]”

On his concerns about the state of the world today:
      "I’m very concerned about the plight of the international global warming phenomenon. I knew it was coming, but I wish they would have gotten people’s interest sooner. But it’s never too late. It’s been described as a runaway train; if we don’t stop it, we’ll never get it back. So we have to fix it now. That’s what I was trying to do with "Earth Song", "Heal The World", "We Are The World", writing those songs to open up people’s consciousness. I wish people would listen to every word."
      "I just wish they (including the authorities) would do more for the babies and children, help them more. That would be great, wouldn’t it?"

On the difference between the Michael of 25 years ago and the Michael of today:
      “That Michael is probably the same Michael here. I just wanted to get certain things accomplished first. But I always had this tug in the back of my head, the things I wanted to do, to raise children, have children. I’m enjoying it very much.”

On the press’ coverage of him:
      “I don’t pay attention to that. In my opinion, it’s ignorance. It’s usually not based on fact. It’s based on, you know, myth. The guy who you don’t get to see. Every neighborhood has the guy who you don’t see, so you gossip about him. You see those stories about him, there’s the myth that he did this or he did that. People are crazy! I’m just about wanting to do wonderful music. But back to Motown 25, one of the things that touched me the most about doing that was, after I did the performance––I’ll never forget. There was Marvin Gaye in the wings, and the Temptations and Smokey Robinson and my brothers, they were hugging me and kissing me and holding me. […] That was my reward. […] I remember doing the performance so clearly, and I remembered that I was so upset with myself, ‘cause it wasn’t what I wanted. I wanted it to be more. But not until I finished. It was a little child, a little Jewish child backstage with a little tuxedo on, he looked at me, and he said [in a stunned voice] ‘Who taught you to move like that?’ And I said, ‘I guess God… and rehearsal.’”
      Ursula K. LeGuin

Frank Zappa

Ellen DeGeneres

Immortal
      I am:
      Sad

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      24 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Blog Entries
      November 13

1987 - Michael perform BAD tour at Olympic Park Stadium in Melbourne, Australia.

1988 - Michael perform BAD tour at Memorial Sports Arena in Los Angeles.

1989 - Michael Jackson performs song "You Were There" (he wrote with Buz Kohan) for singer-entertainer Sammy Davis Jr., the first and only time, at the Sammy Davis Jr 6Oth Anniversary TV Special, musical gala honouring Davis Jr..

The event’s funds advantaging the "United Negro College Fund"; for the show's all-star finale, Jackson accompanies Ella Firzgerald and Eddie Murphy on stage.

The celebration started as a 60-minute show, and it wound up 2 1/2 hours long. It runs from 7:30 to 10 p.m. Sunday on ABC and Channel 13. And no wonder, given a cast that includes Frank Sinatra, Michael Jackson, Ella Fitzgerald, Whitney Houston, Clint Eastwood, Goldie Hawn, Bill Cosby, Stevie Wonder, Mike Tyson, Richard Pryor, Gregory Hines, Gregory Peck, Bob Hope, Shirley MacLaine, Debbie Allen, Magic Johnson, Dean Martin, Tony Danza, Jesse Jackson, Quincy Jones, Diahann Carroll, Dionne Warwick, Nell Carter, Lola Falana and Anita Baker. Eddie Murphy hosts, and even he seems subdued by the galaxy of stars he has to introduce.

Sammy’s right there in the front-row box with his wife and family. He laughs and he claps, he cries a little, and he hugs his friends. He even does a tap dance with Hines. But he never says a word.

He can’t. The night the show was taped, he couldn’t talk at all.

It doesn’t matter. His friends speak for him, and to him, in a language of love. They lay their talents at his feet. And a few terrific clip collections tell Sammy’s tale for him.

This is a one-of-a-kind TV spectacular in a spirit that few stars, even show-biz legends, could command.

Nobody knew what Jackson was going to do. "The night before the show, he and Buz Kohan, who wrote the script, went in the rehearsal hall and wrote a song," Schlatter said. "They arranged it overnight, and the night of the show was the first time he’d ever sung it. He wanted to sing something that really related to Sammy."

Backstage, everybody was watching everybody else. Fitzgerald wanted to meet Jackson; Cosby wanted to say hi to Hawn; Murphy wanted to see Sinatra.

The most nerve-racking moment of them all, though, was when Fitzgerald was to make her big onstage entrance, Schlatter said. “We had to have somebody bring her out, so I said to Eddie Murphy, `Take Ella onstage.’

And he says, `Man, I can’t take her. That’s Ella “Fitzgerald.”‘ And Eddie says to Michael Jackson, `Michael, you take her out.’ And Michael says, `I can’t! It’s “Ella.”‘ So I said, `Look, guys, why not take her together? OK?’

At the same date, Michael is reported to have hosted 50 children from "Maclaren Hall" and "Make A Wish Foundation" at his residence, while, via the "Wishes Granted" charity, 4-year-old Darian Pagan, suffering from leukemia, is granted the wish to meet the singer and is, additionally, invited to watch a performance by a group of Canadian acrobats with him.

- Michael goes to the Santa Maria Superior Court in Santa Maria, CA. to testify in a $21 million breach-of-contract Marcel Avram trial over canceled millennium concerts. His appearance causes media frenzy.

2006 - During his stay at Hempel Hotel in London, Michael is joined by Raymone and they have dinner at the Nobu restaurant with billionaire retail tycoon Sir Philip Green and then they go to the Oxford Street branch of Topshop which Sir Philip opened up especially for Michael at midnight. Later Michael visits "Miss Selfridges"

http://mjjtime.blogspot.com/2010_11_01_archive.html

Immortal
      I am:
      Happy

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      9 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Blog Entries

November 14

1979 - The Jacksons perform Destiny tour in Fort Worth, Texas.

1991 - The music video for "Black Or White" was premiered simultaneously in 27 countries, with a record-breaking audience of 500+ million viewers – the largest ever global audience for a music video. The music video for racially-conscious "Black Or White" was first broadcast on MTV, BET, VH1, and Fox giving them their highest Nielsen ratings ever.

Along with Jackson, it featured actors Macaulay Culkin, Tess Harper, and George Wendt, with cameo appearances by the singer’s niece, Brandi Jackson and Wade Robson. The video was directed by John Landis, who previously directed Thriller. It premiered simultaneously in 27 countries, with an audience of 500 million viewers, the most to ever watch a music video. The video shows scenes in which Maasai tribesmen begin dancing like Jackson; so do, in sequence, Thais, Native Americans, a woman from India and a set of Russians. Jackson walks through visual collages of fire (defiantly declaring "I ain't scared of no sheets; I ain't scared of nobody"), referring to KKK torch ceremonies before a mock rap scene shared with Culkin and other children. The group collectively states, "I'm not gonna spend my life being a color." At the end of the song, different people dance as they morph into one another (shown as "talking heads").

Controversy was generated concerning the last four minutes of the original music video. Jackson walks out of the studio as a black panther and then morphs into himself.

The 'panther dance’, as it was called, contains complicated dance techniques, sexually suggestive behaviour and physical aggression, which the entertainer would later say they formed an interpretation of the animal instincts of a black panther. MTV and other music video networks removed the last four minutes from subsequent broadcasts. The performer is seen smashing shop windows and car window panes reading racist graffiti "Hitler Lives", a swastika, "Nigger Go Home", "No More Wetbacks", and "KKK Rules"). The video also shares the message that “Prejudice is ignorance”. What has not been brought into discussion is the complexity of message behind this video (or other videos of Jackson). The black panther Jackson portrays in the video is a reference to “The Black Panther Party” (originally the “Black Panther Party for Self-Defense”), an African-American revolutionary left-wing organization working for the self-defense for black people aginst police brutality. It was active in the United States from the mid-1960’s into the 1970’s. The Black Panther Party achieved national and international impact through their deep involvement in the Black Power movement and in US politics of the 1960’s and 70’s, as the intense anti-racism of the time is today considered one of the most significant social, political and cultural currents in US history. The group's "provocative rhetoric, militant posture, and cultural and political flourishes permanently altered the contours of American Identity", hence Jackson’s provocative dance testimony in the video. While Jackson does not promote violence, the dance was a ‘free speech’ bodily statement, a venting off against human injustice.

Controversy was generated concerning the last four minutes of the original music video, as a result, this last part was removed. Jackson walks out of the studio as a black panther and then morphs into himself. The “panther dance” or “silent panther” performance” contained in these last few minutes was Jackson’s angrier, yet misunderstood political statement against “injustice and prejudice and racism and bigotry”, as he would state in an 1999 TV interview. “[…] Within the dance I became upset and let go”, he adds. Shortly after the video’s release, the singer issues an apology statement to those that became sensitive over the mentioned scenes: "It upsets me to think that 'Black Or White' could influence any child or adult to destructive behavior. I've always tried to be a good role model and, therefore, have made these changes to avoid any possibility of adversely affecting any individual's behavior. I deeply regret any pain or hurt that the final segment of 'Black Or White' has caused children, their parents or other viewers."
      Accolades

• The song reached #1 on 22 countries, including the US & UK Singles Chart, and become the 2nd-best selling single of 1991.
      • The single was certified platinum in the US, selling over one million copies.
      • "Black Or White" is considered one of the Greatest Rock Songs of the 1990s
      • Fastest no.1 on Billboard’s Hot 100 in the States since 1969, when Get Back by the Beatles also conquered the chart in just three weeks. No.1 for seven weeks, but stalled at no.3 on the R&B singles chart.
      • RIAA Platinum Record Award (USA million seller).
      • No.8 best selling single of 1991 in the States.
      • First single by an American to enter the UK singles chart at no.1 since Elvis Presley’s It’s Now Or Never in 1960. Spent two weeks in pole position.
      • Also no.1 in Australia, Austria, Belgium, Cuba, Denmark, Finland, France, Israel, Italy, Mexico, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Zimbabwe.
      • International Monitor Awards: Music Video with the Best Special Effects.
      • NAACP Image Awards: Outstanding Music Video.

- Michael perform HIStory concert at Sydney Cricket Ground in Sydney, Australia attending 52,000.

Aware of his religious up-bringing and strong moral values, many of Michael’s long-term fans thought differently and sure enough, following his concert, Michael and Debbie exchanged marriage vows.
      The midnight ceremony, in the Presidential Suite of the Sheraton On The Park Hotel, was attended by 30 or so guests. Best Man, reportedly, was local tour promoter Paul Dainty.
      The world’s media, caught off-guard yet again, reported that Michael’s marriage to Debbie ‘stunned the world’ and ‘took his fans by surprise’ – not!

2005 - Michael attends the Dubai Desert Rally racing tournament at Le Meridien Mina Seyahi hotel in Dubai with close friend and renowned UAE rally driver Mohammad Ben Sulayem and Saeed Hareb, managing director of the Dubai International Marine Club.

2006 - Michael drops by the Guinness Book Of Records headquarters in London, to collect his official record certificates for his 8 Guinness World Records for chart achievements, album sales, earnings, and charity donations.

Guinness World Records London Head Quarters welcomed the world’s biggest superstar, Michael Jackson, a self confessed Guinness World Records fan since childhood, through its doors for an honorary record presentation.

With a staggering eight records mapping career highlights over the last quarter of a century, Michael Jackson is one of Guinness World Records longest standing record holders. The records span from Youngest vocalist to top the US singles chart, (aged 11, fronting The Jackson Five) and First vocalist to enter the US single chart at No.1 (You Are Not Alone) to Most weeks at the top of the US album charts (non-soundtrack) (37 weeks for Thriller); Most successful music video (Thriller sold over 1 million units); First entertainer to earn more than $100 million in a year to Highest paid entertainer of all time ($125 million in 1989 Forbes list). His ultimate and latest accolade was also presented to him: Most successful entertainer of all time.

Michael arrived at Guinness World Records offices in North West London at 4pm afternoon with his entourage - a fleet of black and silver people carriers. Wearing his signature black three quarter length dinner jacket and trousers with yellow piping, he arrived amidst an army of fans who had followed him from the hotel.
      He was greeted by Guinness World Records Editor, Craig Glenday, and given a whirlwind tour of the offices and shown weird and wonderful exhibits from the ‘Guinness World Records Cabinet of Curioddities’, including the world’s oldest vomit and tallest man ever’s shoes.
      Michael was then presented with his record certificates, a copy of the latest edition of the book and a special edition from the year he was born (1958). Evidently delighted with the accolades he holds in high esteem, Michael said: "I’ve always been a big fan of the book. Thank you so much – it’s a great honour to visit the Guinness World Records offices."

Guinness World Records Editor Craig Glenday said: "We always expect the unexpected here at Guinness World Records. We’re used to all walks of life stopping by the office, but we haven’t been this excited since we met the Queen last year. Michael is one of the greatest superstars of all time and his unwavering success has kept him at the very top of the record breaking charts throughout his career. We’re absolutely delighted that Michael holds Guinness World Records in such high regard and honoured that he’s taken time out of his busy schedule to stop by and collect them in person."
      Source: GuinessWorldRecords.com

List of Michael Jackson Guinness World Records
      1. Most Successful Concert Series - Michael Jackson sold out for seven nights at Wembley Stadium, London, England in the summer of 1988. A total of 504,000 people saw Michael perform July 14-16, 22-23, and August 26-27, 1988.
      2. Biggest Selling Album Of All Time - Michael Jackson's "Thriller" Album is the biggest selling album of all time, with over 50 million copies sold worldwide. Thriller is also the biggest selling U.S album with sales of 25 million copies.
      3. Most Grammy Awards -Michael won a record breaking 8 Grammy Awards in 1984, more than any other artist in one year.
      4. Largest Contracts -$890 million (Sony Music) Contract, with prospective earnings of $1 billion.
      5. Greatest Audience -The highest-ever viewership was 133.4 million viewers watching the NBC transmission of Super Bowl XXVII on June 31, 1993. Michael was spotlighted during the half-time peformance.
      6. Highest-Paid Commercial Spokesperson -Pepsi Cola paid Michael Jackson $12 million to do 4 TV commercials.
      7. Bad Tour -Michael Jackson's world tour brought in a record gross revenue of over $124 million during September 1987-December 1988.
      8. Billboard Charts -Michael Jackson is the first person in the 37 year history of the chart to enter at # 1, with his single "You Are Not Alone". Michael broke his previous redord held by his single "Earth Song" which debuted at #5.
      Ursula K. LeGuin

Frank Zappa

Ellen DeGeneres

Immortal
      I am:
      Sad

Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      24 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Blog Entries
      November 15

1979 - The Jacksons perform Destiny tour in Baton Rouge, Louisiana

1984 - Magician Franz Harary levitates Michael Jackson backstage. Harary will be in charge of the stage illusions at Jackson's upcoming concert.

- A biographic film detailing the Jacksons' life airs on ABC. Although it isn't a superficial representation, some aspects are overlooked, such as patriarch Joseph Jackson's abusive treatment towards his children, certain members of the family indicating he was more abusive than portrayed, as well as more infidel in his marriage. Other areas are also grossly neglected, and some errors also intervene. The film, however, will draw very high ratings.

2003 - Michael was honored for his contributions to Racial Harmony at the Third Annual "Power of Oneness" Awards held at the Universal Studios Hollywood Globe Theater in Los Angeles, CA. Ed Begley Jr., The Jim Henson Company, Dr. Joy DeGruy-Leary and Brad Gluckstein are among the illustrious honorees.

Michael Jackson received The Power of Oneness Lifetime Achievement Award for his lifelong commitment to writing, singing and speaking about the need for us to take responsibility for the worlds children and making the our world a better place. "Man in the Mirror", "Heal the World", "Black Or White", "The Lost Children", "We Are the World", and "What More Can I Give" are but a few of the inspiring songs Michael has recorded during his career, showing by example how music can be used to entertain, heal and educate.

The 2003 Power of Oneness Awards ceremony preceded by a dinner & silent auction; items for auction have been donated by Universal Music, Michael Jackson, Carlos Santana, artist Romero Britto, Tiffany & Co., and many more. The awards program (written and directed by off-Broadway playwright and choreographer, Kamal Sinclair-Steele) promised to be a vibrant fusion of dance, music, multi-media, spoken-word and theatrical presentations representing a vivid celebration of the creativity and diversity of the human family - a celebration of our oneness.

2003, Michael Jackson accepts, from Neverland Ranch, the "Power Of Oneness" Lifetime Achievement Award on behalf of the Annual Power Of Oneness Awards in Universal Studios, Hollywood, for his contributions to racial harmony, life-long commitment to singing, writing and speaking of the world's responsibility towards its children and the betterment of the planet. Oneness is a non-profit organization co-founded by American record producer, songwriter, musician and singer, K.C. Porter in 1999, with a mission of eliminating racism and promoting racial unity through the healing quality of music and the arts.

- Michael attends the 18th Annual World Music Awards ceremony at Earl Court in London, England. Beyonce presents him with the Diamond Award, the top accolade, which honors outstanding recording-artists who have sold over 100 million albums during their career. Thriller album has sold more than 104 million copies worldwide since its release in 1982 - making it the best selling album of all time. Michael performs a few lines of We Are The World for the children's chorus rendition of final.

2010 - The Very Best Of Michael Jackson and Diana Ross is released.

The Queen of Motown and the King of Pop together for the first time on a 2-CD best of. Inducted in 1988 and in 1997 into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, the Supremes and the Jackson 5 have paved the way for a whole generation of artists. Their songs, their dances and their styles have influenced generations of fans while defining the standards of pop music. For the first time on a 2CD box are the greatest hits of these two legendary groups as well as selected tracks of their leaders: Michael Jackson & Diana Ross. More than a compilation of classics, it is a journey through the world’s most charismatic artists of all time.
      http://mjjtime.blogspot.com/2010_11_01_archive.html